Posted June 30, 2017 by Esslinger Staff
The Polisher is responsible for polishing and applying specialty restoration techniques to jewelry and silver in accordance with Tiffany & Co. quality standards. The Polisher organizes assigned work to meet TSC Ship Date. The Polisher maintains an accurate log of completed orders, and communicates the status of all assigned work to Repair Services Management and processing staff as needed.
- Perform polishing and speciality restoration techniques on assigned jewelry and silver according to Tiffany & Co. design and quality standards.
- Complete all assigned orders in accordance with TSC Ship Date. Advise Repair Services management of areas of concern regarding processing, work capacity and merchandise quality issues.
- Review repair request and seek out assistance, if clarification is required, before starting repair work.
- Perform a pre-check on all assigned orders and use the technical worksheet to note any unusual or missing item condition. Use technical worksheet to request replacement for missing or damaged parts.
- Maintain assigned work in an organized manner and maintain an accurate log book of all completed orders.
- Develop product knowledge and grow technical skills by working with experienced coworkers on speciality restoration including Sandblasting, Rhodium and Enamelling processes.
Required Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements:
- Technical training or 5 years of polishing experience with gold, platinum, silver and all types of precious stones.
- Experience in use of multi or single-speed polishing machine and various rouges to complete the task
- Ability to effectively communicate thought and ideas regarding polishing and the process
- Experience in the washing of polished jewelry and silver
Preferred Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements:
- Experience with lapping machines
- Understanding of the working of polishing equipment, dust collection and wash out equipment
- Understanding of Plating Operations, Enameling, Silversmith and Sandblasting