Full service jewelry repair shop looking for a journeyman/experienced production bench jeweler.
Lane Wells Jewelry Repair has been a full service jewelry repair facility in Austin for more than 40 years. We work on a wide variety of quality and styles of jewelry. We maintain the highest standards of quality of service, at reasonable prices and quick turnaround. We are open Mon-Fri. Weekends off!
We are looking to add another jeweler to our team. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years experience working on the bench, with the ability to maintain the highest quality of repairs while working through a moderate workload. The candidate will have some regular contact with customers, so a clean and respectful appearance and attitude are required.
This position will focus mostly on ring sizings, reshanking, and moderately difficult repairs, working along side master jewelers in a moderate workload production repair shop.
Required skills and responsibilities:
- Ability to size and reshank rings
- Work in platinum, gold, and silver
- Basic chain repair and soldering
- Watch batteries, adding new pins, and removing links
- Polish, clean and rhodium plate
- Casting experience a plus
- Engraving (flat and inside rings)
- Maintaining a clean work space
- Cleaning the shop (We keep a clean shop, everyone pitches in)
Bench test may be required.
Hourly salary based on skill and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
7801 North Lamar
Austin, TX 78752
Leave A Comment