We are Melissa Joy Manning, Inc. A branded jewelry design and manufacturing company positioned in the high end women’s specialty boutique and department store market. The design and quality workmanship of our jewelry is cornerstone to our brand. All of our designs are handmade in our own certified green studio in Berkeley, CA.
We are looking for a full-time production jeweler to join our tight knit group of talented metal smiths. This role requires proficiency in all aspects of jewelry production including parts assembly, soldering, forging, and finishing. This is a production position where repetitive fabrication is required. You will be bench tested for this position. You must demonstrate a strong knowledge of metal smithing to be considered for this position.
Requirements for this candidate:
- 2+ years professional experience in jewelry production and/or metal-smithing.
- Minute soldering skills; ability to work with 24 & 26 gauge sheet and wire with an oxy-acetylene torch
- Ability to planish and forge using a hammer and anvil
- Strong ability to manipulate hand tools including the use of a flex shaft, files, saws and pliers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Reliability (attendance, timeliness, follow-through)
- Ability/desire to act as a team player.
- Demonstrated initiative and ownership of work product and space.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience as a production bench jeweler or a strong drive to learn repetitive tasks and master a
- A strong value system including, but not limited to, honesty, quality and trust
- A desire to work in a tight-knit environment.
- A passion for the arts.
- An interest in growing personally and professionally within a dynamic organization.
Full-time candidates should be prepared to make at least a one year commitment. Exceptional benefits package is available for full-time employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28,800.00 to $48,000.00 /year
Bench Jeweler: 2 years