Posted February 20, 2017 by Mark Esslinger
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
New York’s Largest and Most Convenient Pawnshop is seeking an Experienced Bench Jeweler to join our team.
Job responsibilities and desired skills include but are not limited to:
- Chain and Clasp Repair
- Re-tipping Prongs
- Creating Stone Mounts
- Performing Channel and Platinum Rebuilds
- Advanced level understanding of jewelry repair techniques and finishing techniques
- Soldering and assembly – rings, bracelets, lockets, earrings, etc.
- Performing minor ring repair and other jewelry repairs
Platinum experience is a must. Must possess FDNY Fitness Certification.
- FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Full-Time
- EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT: Non-Exempt
- LOCATION: Brooklyn – Schermerhorn
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Gem Pawnbrokers is New York’s Largest and Most Convenient Pawn Shop. We have 26 Stores across Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Bronx and Long Island. The Gem Family consists of over 150 Employees, which over half have been with the organization for over 5 years. We provide the most comprehensive total rewards package in our industry and our pay is above the average of our competitors. In 2017 we will be entering our 70th year of serving New York City.