Job Description Jewelers at Helzberg Diamonds are responsible for providing high-quality jewelry repair services to clients of designated stores in a timely fashion to support store sales and the five-star shopping experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the effective movement of client repairs while maintaining a level of quality and turn-around time acceptable to the client.
- Ensures that gold stock, findings, and loose stones are properly maintained and accounted for by accurately completing paperwork and properly storing materials.
- Properly spends supply expense dollars by maintaining adequate inventory levels without excess.
Contributes to maximizing the financial return of precious metal recoveries (hard scrap, filings, sweeps, vacuum bags, etc.) by following proper asset recovery procedures.
- Adheres to all safety-related procedures to reduce the risk of accidents.
- Ensures consistency in communicating repair information by assisting in training store associates concerning repair policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, two to four years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced knowledge of jeweler’s tools, machinery and equipment required along with advanced jewelry repair knowledge
- Ability to be a good decision maker with strong problem-solving skills required
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays