Fast-Fix Jewelry and Watch Repairs is looking for an “EXPERIENCED BENCH JEWELER” to support our jewelry and watch repairs at the store. The bench jeweler is primarily responsible for stone setting, re-tipping prongs, sizing all metals, soldering all metals (using a laser machine or torch), polishing jewelry and watches, cleaning jewelry and watches, and maintaining customer merchandise consistent with company quality standards and service.
- Restore damaged or broken jewelry, select appropriate gems, diamonds, clean and polish jewelry while maintaining quick turn-around times.
- Repairs broken clasps, pins, rings, and other jewelry by soldering or replacing broken parts.
- Reshapes and restyles old jewelry, following designs or instructions, using hand tools and machines, such as jewlery lathe and drill
- Adheres to all safety-related procedures to reduce the risk of accidents
- Must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Set up and maintain bench area
- Cut and reshape precious metals into jewelry pieces using cutting and carving tools
- Re-size rings made from different metals
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of the team
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $27.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- 1) How many years do you have as an EXPERIENCED BENCH JEWELER?
2) Do you live in the San Diego county?
3) How many years using a laser welder?
Work Location: In person