Position: Bench Jeweller/ Stone Setter
Reporting to: QC Manager
Work Location: Feltham
TJC is a British falling-price auction-style home shopping channel and online retailer specializing in jewellery and gemstones. The channel was launched on April 4 2006, and currently broadcasts 24 hours a day. TJC offers more than 15,000 varieties of luxury products along with an inspiring selection of gifts for every occasion and budget. For the UK and Republic of Ireland alone, TJC broadcasts to more than 30 million homes, making them a well-known household name.
Purpose of the Job:
TJC is fast growing Organisation where business has requirement of addition staff as Bench Jeweller/ Stone setter to do Customer repair and alterations together with ensuring all stock items are ready for future sale. Bench jeweller will also be responsible to create original pieces from a designer’s specifications or a customer’s request.
· Jewellery setter sets precious, semiprecious, or ornamental stones in rings, earrings, bracelets, and many other jewellery items, using hand tools: places item in vise.
· Cuts and files setting to accommodate stones, using files, chisels, and hand or electric drills.
· Positions stone in setting and fixes in place by pressing prongs around stone, by raising retaining metal ridge around stone, or by tapping edges of setting with setting tool and hammer, forcing metal against stone.
· Examines union of stone and setting, using magnifying glass.
· May also replace stones in jewellery Items.
· Set stones of all shapes and sizes.
· Jewellery Polishing
· Gold plating & Rhodium plating- to a high standard
· Soldering on all types of fine jewellery
· Chain repairs, Retipping claws
· Stone setting (claw, flush, channel setting)
· Ring resizing
· Remodelling & restoration of old jewellery
· Supporting team/workshop manager
· Interested in working with gems & Jewellery
· Have very good eyesight or be able to work for a prolonged period using a microscope
· Good at working with your hands
· Patient, methodical, precise and accurate
· Trustworthy and reliable – you will be dealing with expensive material and other people’s work
· Able to follow instructions from plans
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
•Discounted or free food
Monday to Friday