$19.75 – $30.50 an hour
Full Job Description
Utilizes knowledge and experience to perform moderate productivity repairs. This position will perform training programs and techniques to various bench repair associates.
•Must have complete knowledge of metals, gemstones and plating techniques.
•A demonstrated ability to apply techniques pertinent to work assignments.
•Familiarity with equipment or tools used in the repair, cleaning, polishing, or reconditioning of jewelry.
•Must possess a high level of manual dexterity, and have a keen attention for details.
•Ability to perform full evaluations and prepare written estimates for pre-approval.
•Intermediate computer keyboard and Microsoft Excel skills.
1. Performs prong replacements.
2. Performs chain repair which may require advanced repair techniques.
3. Conducts sizing (up and down) for merchandise of all sizes.
4. Performs replacements:
•Set and repair Invisible Diamond Settings
•Rebuilding of ring channels
•Knowledge and maintenance of Laser Machine.
5. Performs settings:
•Properly sets Marquise and Baguette shaped stones in all types of settings
•Setting skills to include shared prong, pave, and bezel set stones.
6. Keeps work in a clean orderly and safe condition and follows prescribed equipment maintenance and shrinkage control procedures.
7. Ability to work overtime when required due to work load.
8. Must have the ability to multi-task and want to learn many functions of Jewelry Repair.
9. Very good communicational skills. Must be able to be demonstrate and teach new repair methods, within the Jewelry Repair Industry.
Minimum Position Specification Guidelines:
•Ability to apply techniques pertinent to work assignments.
•Must possess a high level of manual dexterity, and have a keen attention for detail.
•Thorough knowledge of stones/metal and the effect that heat and chemicals have on the merchandise.
Organization, Cooperative, Team oriented, Conscientious and Detailed Oriented
•5 years or more of Bench Jeweler experience.
Previous Jewelry Repair Training experience
•This is NOT and entry level position. Only qualified candidates need to apply.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Location: 1701 Intermodal Parkway, Haslet, Texas 76052
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.75 – $30.50 per hour