Posted May 3, 2017 by Esslinger Staff
Legacy Touch offers an energetic, startup environment for top-performing professionals. Our team is young, but able – offering our clients unrivaled expertise in biometric technologies and memorial keepsake manufacturing. Our continued success is allowing us to grow our already impressive team with individuals who are passionate about what they do and who enjoy a fast-paced environment. We are currently searching for the right person to join our team. We are looking for someone who has experience in polishing, cleaning, and palladium/rhodium plating precious metal pieces. The position will also assist in jewelry repair.
The Bench Jeweler is primarily responsible for polishing, cleaning, and plating pieces. This is a fast-paced, micro-manufacturing environment, as multiple orders are received and processed daily. The Bench Jeweler will be expected to work quickly and efficiently with an eye for detail. All job functions will relate to the production of Legacy Touch consumer orders.
- Prefer a Bachelor’s in Metals and Jewelry, Fine Arts, or
- Equivalent work related experience as a dental technician, optician, or polishes or plates metals. May consider someone that makes their own jewelry as a hobby.
- Experience in jewelry repairs and stone settings a plus
- Knowledge of jeweler’s tools, machinery, and equipment
- Proficiency using computers, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Customer service focused and professional attitude
- Ability to solve problems, prioritize, and multi-task
- Ability to work in a team environment, and interact closely with team members
- Work under limited supervision
- Goal oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- If not a bench jeweler, willing to train someone with experience as dental technician, optician, or worked with lathes and polishers.
- Polish, clean, and plate precious metals; at minimum 100 pieces per day
- Repair jewelry, set stones, laser welding, apply durenamel
- Inspect precious metal pieces from vendors for quality
- Perform quality control checks on custom order keepsakes
- Assist in ordering lab supplies
- Ensures pieces are distributed to assembling for final QC before shipping
- Compliance with standard operating procedures to perform the functions of the job
- Perform lab cleaning to keep equipment at peak operating performance
- Gain full knowledge of functions of the automated Fulfillment system to perform daily tasks
- Advise Production Manager of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to orders
- Represent department and the organization favorably and in accordance with Company standards and associate attributes at all times
- Other duties as assigned by management
We know you will find Legacy Touch to be one the BEST work environments in Lee’s Summit and surrounding Kansas City Metro area. Learn more at www.LegacyTouch.com.
Job Type: Full-time