Posted April 20, 2017 by Esslinger Staff
Agapantha creates delicate jewelry inspired by the California Lifestyle. Come join our team of creatives and grow with our growing company!
Wanted: Production Manager / Bench Jeweler to 1) make jewelry, 2) oversee all jewelry production, and 3) manage jewelry inventory. This is a part-time role with the possibility of being full-time. This job can be done from the Agapantha studio in Torrance or, if you have your own setup, you can work from home. One meeting per week required in the Torrance studio.
Hours: 10+ hours
Days and hours worked can mostly be flexible. We want to work with your schedule as best as possible so you are a happy, jewelry-making/managing, camper!!
Starting salary is per piece based on $15/hour, with room to grow. Employees will also receive 30% off all jewelry!
Production Manager + Bench Jeweler responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all jewelry making and assistant bench jewelers – note: this is not a design role
- Manage inventory and assess production priorities
- Help fulfill and ship online orders
- Report to Director re: work status, workload, problems, and progress
- Perform repetitive tasks with precision and acute attention to detail, in a timely fashion
- Must be comfortable soldering, cutting, forming, hammering and finishing
- Will be producing earrings, rings, bracelets and necklaces, or components thereof, in sterling silver, 14k gold fill, and 14k rose gold fill. Potential of working in 14k gold as well.
- Ensure quality of all work and materials is excellent
- 3 years experience in jewelry or metalsmithing
- 2 years experience in a coordinator or manager role
- Professional attitude and ability to work well under limited supervision
- Extremely organized and work with a sense of urgency
- Goal-oriented with excellent management skills
- Ability to work quickly and pay high attention to detail
- Strong soldering skills
- Knowledge of jeweler’s tools, machinery, and equipment
- The desire to work for a growing company
- Strong oral communication skills in English
- Sense of pride and ownership in one’s work
- Must be able to drive to Torrance
Local candidates only: In and around the Los Angeles area
Must provide 3 references.
Only applicants with cover letters will be considered.
Job Type: Part-time
High school or equivalent
- Bench Jeweler: 3 years
- Coordinator or Manager: 2 years
Required license or certification: