About the job
This is a work abroad opportunity bound to Manchester UK for A1 Jewellers.
We are looking for a goldsmith/Jewelry maker to join our organization in England.
As a goldsmith/jewelry maker, you will be responsible for:
- Assist in creating luxury goods and jewelry sold to consumers:
- Creating jewellery by using semi precious materials
- Cutting, filing, and bending gold or other materials.
- Soldering, laser cutting and finishing of Jewelry.
- Fixing and adjusting any existing goods upon the request of customers:
- Ring sizing
- Chain length adjustments
- Small design changes
- Claw and setting repairs,
- Stone setting,
- Soldering, polishing, cleaning and other alternations.
- Watch Technical Support: including link adjustment, basic battery replacement and water resistance testing.
The ideal candidate will have a positive and happy approach to the job and be able to work under pressure in a small and friendly environment.
A problem solving mentality is required.
Previous experience with precious and expensive stones such as emeralds, sapphires, rubies and diamonds is essential.
Experience with antique jewellery and setting is preferable.
Job Type: Full-time
Proven experience as goldsmith or jewelry maker
Able to use tools involved in goldsmithing and jewelry creation
Proven experience cutting and finishing 22ct gold jewellery.
Can communicate in Urdu and English
You must prove you can read, write, speak and understand English to at least level B1
Free transportation and accommodation