Do you enjoy the challenge of working and repairing jewelry items that come into store each day, but hate the hassle of working ever changing evening and weekend retail store hours?
Well Helzberg has the best of both worlds for you. Our Bench Jewelers perform their craft and artisanship from right here in our corporate offices in North Kansas City, MO, and they have consistent Monday to Friday business hours. No evening or weekend shifts here at our corporate offices!
Our Jewelers perform all the same sort of high-quality services such as repairs, settings, sizing, cleaning, and refurbishing that are done in the jewelry stores, but our Jewelers don’t work out of a building that was designed more for selling jewelry than repairing it. Our recently constructed jewelry repair area was designed specifically with the Bench Jeweler in mind, and it provides our Jewelers the opportunity to operate in an environment conducive for concentrating on their art. No sales questions or customer interruptions here.
If you are a Bench Jeweler with experience and take pride in your jewelry craftsmanship then we encourage to get out of the store, and come to our shop. Apply for this position through our career site, or for quicker consideration send your resume directly to our Corporate Recruiter at; DDThomas@helzberg.com.
- Perform all requested and necessary work on jewelry to include setting, sizing, altering, repairing, soldering, polishing, and cleaning of customer, pre-owned and vendor merchandise to support sales and customer service.
- Meet established deadlines for repair completion, refurbishment work and requested estimates.
- Produce an expected volume of work while maintaining an acceptable turn-around time and ensuring repair shop achieves budgeted expectations.
- Proactively inspect repair and refurbishment work to ensure a high level of workmanship and maintain acceptable level of quality of repairs with minimal rate of repairs that have to be re-done.
- Properly spend supply expense dollars by maintaining adequate inventory levels without excess.
- Ensure that gold stock, findings, and loose stones are properly maintained and accounted for by accurately completing paperwork and properly storing materials.
- Contribute to maximizing the financial return of precious metal recoveries (hard scrap, filings, sweeps, vacuum bags, etc.) by following proper asset recovery procedures to achieve expected asset recovery ratio.
- Perform operations within company guidelines and procedures and keep shop clean and organized.
- Adhere to all safety-related procedures as outlined in the shop manual to reduce the risk of accidents.
- Assist in training associates concerning repair policies and procedures.
- Work well with teammates to achieve results and willingly perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and at least three years of related jewelry repair and refurbishing experience or training required.
- Advanced knowledge of jeweler’s tools, machinery and equipment required along with advanced jewelry repair knowledge.
- Ability to work with all types of metals and perform complex repairs, stone setting and other services required.
- Ability to be make good jewelry repair decisions combined with strong problem-solving skills required.
- Must be very detail oriented with good organizational skills and strong communication skills.