About the job
Borsheims is looking for a full-time Jeweler to join our team. At Borsheims, we take pride in providing our Signature Service to every customer and you will play a vital role in helping us do that.Our Jewelers are responsible for miscellaneous jewelry repair at various levels of complexity (i.e., soldering, re-tipping, re-pronging, re-shanking, laser welding, applying surface finishes, etc.) in all precious metal types; setting various sizes and shapes of stones using all setting techniques; hand fabrication may be performed based on experience. You will be asked to communicate with various team members and customers about repair questions and repair statuses. If you have prior bench jeweler experience, enjoy working with your hands, and possess a keen eye for detail, you may be the gem we’ve been searching for!
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 1-2 years or more of Jeweler experience.
- Organized. Review incoming job envelopes for comprehensive instructions and completion date. Verify that the merchandise in the envelope matches the job envelope description and prioritize jobs according to the due date. Maintain a clean work area daily.
- Detail-Oriented. Examine jewelry for restrictions in design, identify gems and consider gemstone limitations.
- Motivated. A self-starter and can work independently and with a team toward end results.
- Eager to Learn. Like to learn and participate in continuing education, training programs, and seminars.
- Service-Minded. Promptly and effectively answer questions from team members regarding repairs, job charges, and job complexity. You know exactly what to do to make our customers happy and help our frontline employees and Borsheims shine.
Borsheims is a luxury jewelry and gift retailer and a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family. We value our employees and provide a family-friendly work environment and a flexible schedule for all. If hired, you would be eligible to enjoy Borsheims’ excellent benefits, which include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness Program
- Medical and Parental Paid Leaves
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Regular Weekly Schedule
- No Late Nights and Sundays Off (We are closed on Sundays except during the holiday season and on Berkshire Weekend)
- Incredible Employee Discount
- Service Awards
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Ongoing Education & Training