- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Pet insurance
- Vision insurance
:As a member of a high performing team, you will be providing exceptional service and helping team members do the same. Daily responsibilities may include:
- Ensuring the quality of Company merchandise, and making and providing accurate assessments of merchandise quality and condition so that the company may make proper decisions on the best course of action.
- Maintaining the shop and personal workspace in a clean, organized, presentable, and efficient manner.
- Constantly pursuing personal and shop improvement and development.
- Working professionally, efficiently, and courteously with all Store and Company staff, fostering teamwork and respect.
- Findings inventory
- Supporting other shops as well as our home office when there are work overflows or special projects.
- Consulting directly with staff and customers as needed to help ensure customer needs are met through the sales process and/or the repair process.
- Providing cost estimates for additional shop/ jeweler personalization options that the customer can entertain depending on desires.
- Maintaining safety and security protocols including those specifically associated with shop equipment and chemicals.
- Use technology such as computers and iPads for shop job tracking.
- 2+ years of prior bench experience is preferred. Don’t have 2 years of experience but are interested in becoming a Jeweler? Talk to us about our Apprentice Jeweler program!
- We are available to our customers when they need us so evening and weekend availability is a must. (Though unlike most retailers, we are closed on major holidays!)
- Must possess a high level of visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Great ability to provide and receive feedback from peers, supervisors, and customers and adapt behavior with coaching.
- Comfortable with technology.
- Must be able to effectively manage deadlines.
:The primary environment for this role is in assigned production-focused workshop within a retail environment. The role requires close attention to visual detail, color discernment skills, and extreme manual dexterity. In addition, business is conducted using the telephone and computer technology. Work environment includes noise, flame, tools, and utilization of standard bench jeweler equipment. Travel is not required.
Why Work for Shane Co.?
- We want driven and competitive people who help us satisfy our customers’ needs. In our stores, we work as a team to meet store goals. We award bonuses as a team, based on the entire store team’s performance.
- We focus on providing you a time off package that is very generous for retail! It is important for us to be available when our customers need us. Our store employees do regularly work weekends and evenings. However, you accrue 3 weeks of vacation in your first year! In addition, you also earn 6 sick days per year. We are closed on 7 holidays (unlike most retailers), AND we pay you for one volunteer day per year! The longer you work with us, the more vacation time you earn.
- Unlike other companies who just offer low paying disability insurance to cover your major illness situations, we offer the ability to earn time off at FULL pay for the care of yourself or a family member! When your family needs you, we want you to be able to be there for them.
- We offer very competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as a 401 (k) plan with a company match, company paid life insurance, and flexible spending accounts for medical, daycare or mass transit commuting expense. We also offer a number of discounted voluntary benefits including long-term disability, life insurance for your dependents, pet insurance and even things like discounted travel and movie tickets!
- We have benefits focused on you AND any family member (Partner, children and even your parents!) including counseling, legal advice, assistance in finding appropriate medical specialists and even help in understanding medical bills!
- And, of course, we offer a generous discount in our stores or online for you AND your family members!
Employer will not sponsor visa or work authorization.