About the job
Full-time in-house Bench Jeweler with interest in Lapidary wanted
Joseph Design Inc. (JDI) is a jewelry design and manufacturing company locally owned and operated in the Seattle area, selling wholesale to high end specialty retailers nationwide and abroad. All made by hand in a South Seattle studio, the brand is known for its signature cocktail gemstone rings of high quality & fine craftsmanship.
Full time position available for a bench jeweler with an interest in stone cutting. Candidate will train with our head Lapidarist and grow into the role. Jewelry fabrication experience a must (i.e. cabochon stone setting). Professional stone cutting experience a huge plus, but knowledge, skill and interest are foremost.
We make semi-precious gemstones, sterling silver and gold jewelry in a production setting for wholesale trade. We are looking for someone with a genuine interest in gemstones with a great eye for detail and skilled hands to work with gemstones of typical and unusual varieties, shapes and forms. As a production studio we are looking for hard workers with a passion for doing a great job and those who want to be a part of a team.
· Exceptional work ethic
· Ability to work in open (often loud) environment
· Thrives in fast paced environment
· ATTENTION TO DETAIL
· Manually dexterous (able to handle small parts and pieces)
· Able to see small things
· Clear, open and conscious communicator
· Appreciation for hand crafted work and pretty things
· Exceptional problem-solving skills
· Fast Learner
· Holds self to high level of personal excellence while still having fun
· Must be fully vaccinated for COVID19
Interested individuals should include a cover letter and resume. Only applications including a cover letter will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time Monday – Friday
Benefits: 401k Plan, Health Insurance, PTO & Holiday Pay