Posted June 27, 2017 by Esslinger Staff
In business since August 2002, Mahindra Jewellers Ltd are dealing with all kinds of custom made jewellery in 14K, 18K and 22K gold. Now, we are looking to add 2 Jewellers into our to work permanent, full-time. We are conveniently located in the Payal Business Centre.
As a Jeweller, ideal candidate will be asked to:
- Fabricate and repair precious and semi-precious metal jewellery, such as rings, brooches, pendants, bracelets and lockets
- Examine, cut, shape and polish precious and synthetic gems using optical instruments, cutting disks and laps
- Appraise gemstones to differentiate between stones, identify rare specimens and to detect peculiarity affecting stone values
- Set precious and semi-precious stones in jewellery mountings, according to specifications
- Enlarge or reduce size of rings by sawing through band, adding or removing metal, and soldering ends together
- Clean and polish jewelry using polishing wheels and chemical baths
- Reshape and restyle old jewelry following designs or instructions using hand tools and machines such as jeweler’s lathe and drill
- Smooth joints and rough spots using hand file and emery paper
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- 2-3 years experience as a jewellery, clock or watch assembler or Completion of a college or other program, or apprenticeship training in watch or jewellery repair or gemology is required.
Benefits: After 3 months of service, the company will provide extended medical benefits that include dental and prescription.
If eligible, please send your resume along with a cover letter via:
Mail: Unit 332 8128 128 Street Surrey BC V3W 1R1