In business since August 2002, Mahindra Jewellers Ltd are dealing with all kinds of custom made jewellery in 14K, 18K and 22K gold. Now, we are looking to add 2 Jewellers into our to work permanent, full-time. We are conveniently located in the Payal Business Centre.
As a Jeweller, ideal candidate will be asked to:
- Fabricate and repair precious and semi-precious metal jewellery, such as rings, brooches, pendants, bracelets and lockets
- Examine, cut, shape and polish precious and synthetic gems using optical instruments, cutting disks and laps
- Appraise gemstones to differentiate between stones, identify rare specimens and to detect peculiarity affecting stone values
- Set precious and semi-precious stones in jewellery mountings, according to specifications
- Enlarge or reduce size of rings by sawing through band, adding or removing metal, and soldering ends together
- Clean and polish jewelry using polishing wheels and chemical baths
- Reshape and restyle old jewelry following designs or instructions using hand tools and machines such as jeweler’s lathe and drill
- Smooth joints and rough spots using hand file and emery paper
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- 2-3 years experience as a jewellery, clock or watch assembler or Completion of a college or other program, or apprenticeship training in watch or jewellery repair or gemology is required.
Benefits: After 3 months of service, the company will provide extended medical benefits that include dental and prescription.
If eligible, please send your resume along with a cover letter via:
Mail: Unit 332 8128 128 Street Surrey BC V3W 1R1