At NOV Cedar Park Manufacturing, we pride ourselves on making this site a great place to work. We do this by caring for the individuals in the building like family. We offer career coaching, leadership development, and skills training to foster an environment of opportunity for each employee to reach their top potential. We also strongly believe in promoting from within, so regardless of where you start your career at NOV, the opportunities for advancement are extensive.
• Competitive Wages and Medical Benefits
• Up to 30 days paid vacation determined by the years of relevant work experience.
• NOV observes 9 set holidays and 2 flexible holidays per year.
• 401K match
• Advancement opportunities
What is the job like? As the Small Parts Mechanical Technician / watchmaker, you will assemble, test, troubleshoot, and repair small precision instruments, components, and assemblies in a manufacturing environment. The mechanical clock-like instruments are designed for measuring the inclination in a borehole using a pressure barrel deployed in a retrievable or wireline like application. This position requires excellent mechanical assembly aptitude, steady hands, attention to detail, critical thinking, problem solving skills, patience, and ability to assemble components using an eye loupe or microscope. This is a weekday, first shift hours, full time position in our Cedar Park, Texas facility.
- Assemble, test, and troubleshoot small precision clock-like timing instruments.
- Assemble, test, and troubleshoot small precision angle indicator assemblies.
- Test, troubleshoot, disassemble, and repair units returned from the field.
- Read and interpret, mechanical drawings, assembly drawings, schematics, and work instructions.
- Operate machines or use hand tools and power tools to secure parts in place.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with coworkers and engineers to quickly resolve problems related to products and procedures.
- Resolves most problems and refers only more complex issues to higher levels.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years mechanical assembly skills
- High level of mechanical aptitude with steady hands, patience, and ability to assemble, trouble-shoot and repair mechanical components and assemblies using an eye loupe or microscope.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Degree from properly accredited professional watchmaking school, or equivalent work experience as a watch maker or watch repair technician.
- Experience with watchmaking including escapement diagnosis, adjustment and repair, hairspring adjustment, etc.
- Proficiency in using specialized watchmaking tools and equipment.
- Experience assembling, testing, and repairing small precision mechanical devices.
- Small parts machining experience
- Experience with ERP / MRP systems (Oracle, JDE) work orders and travelers
- Must be able to stand, sit, bend, and reach particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Able to operate a computer and other office machinery using finger dexterity for typing and writing.
- Must be able to communicate, converse with, and exchange information by means of the spoken and written word.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs to shoulder height.
- Able to perform light physical effort to lift or move materials up to 40 pounds.
- Visual acuity to view a computer screen.
Who Are We?
NOV delivers technology-driven solutions to empower the global energy industry. For more than 150 years, NOV has pioneered innovations that enable its customers to safely produce abundant energy while minimizing environmental impact. The energy industry depends on NOV’s deep expertise and technology to continually improve oilfield operations and assist in efforts to advance the energy transition towards a more sustainable future. NOV powers the industry that powers the world.
What Do We Do Here?
The main functions performed in Cedar Park include Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Supply Chain. We specialize in small part machining, fabrication, and electro-mechanical assembly and are adept at manufacturing for hazardous area applications holding numerous certifications across a variety of products. Our plant has high demand and is operating 24/7 to produce these products for our customers. To meet the demand for our products, we provide employees with an air-conditioned environment, highly organized and clean manufacturing facility and have a strong safety program designed to ensure our team goes home safe to their families after every shift.
What is the Team Like?
At NOV and at our Cedar Park location, we recognize the value of people. Building strong work relationships is key to keeping talented, reliable, and loyal employees. That’s why we work hard to ensure our team feels appreciated for their hard work. Collaboration, respect, integrity, and accountability are core concepts for our success.
NOV is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are given consideration for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.