Royal Jewelers is looking to expand our watchmaking staff. We are located in the picturesque town of Andover in Massachusetts, only 20 minutes north of Boston, 30 minutes from beaches and 60 minutes from mountains. Our area of New England is rich in sports, entertainment, recreation and culture.
We look forward to bringing on an additional watchmaker with the desire to be in a 69 year old, financially strong family jewelry store. Our watch brands include Cartier, IWC, Panerai, Piaget, Breguet, Ulysse Nardin, Girard Perregaux and DeWitt.
- To diagnose and service watches with the highest quality and customer service standards.
- Perform all aspects of watch service on automatic and mechanical watches, including battery & gasket replacement, overhauls, movement changes, watch refinishing, strap and/or bracelet adjustments and installs, and replacement of crystals, crowns, etc.
- Answer questions from Sales Associates
- Have rapport with Service personnel
- Complete services on time to the highest quality standards
- Keep office and equipment clean and organized
- Knowledge of, and ability to perform, all aspects of watch service
- Familiarity with most brands of watches
- Diagnose and correct problems
- Complete tasks on time with the highest quality standards
- Operate and maintain all watch equipment
- Perform water resistance methods and testing techniques
- Maintain a clean and organized office
- Friendly and personable
- Tactful and patient with sales staff, customers, and service staff and management
- Able to deliver outstanding customer service
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Goal-oriented – always striving to complete more than previous weeks, months, etc.
- Team player
- Knowledge of various watch brands
- Willingness to further education through training
- Complete training with a passing grade
- Work independently
- Have pride in work being performed
- Trustworthy, honest, reliable, and good sense of humor
- Neat appearance
- High school diploma or equivalent, training certificates, and several years’ experience as a watchmaker.
About Royal Jewelers:
Royal Jewelers has been creating unforgettable memories for more than half a century. We offer the most desired designer jewelry and fine Swiss timepieces in New England. The warm personal attention of our knowledgeable staff and our distinctive offering plays an important role in the “Royal Experience”. We are proud to say we have customers all over the world and continue to be owned by the same family since 1948. In addition to our consistently receiving various retail sales awards, we are especially proud of having been selected the 2012 Business Retailer of the Year by the Merrimack Valley Chamber of Commerce. In 2010 The Retailers Association of Massachusetts selected us as the Massachusetts Retailer of the Year.
In 1948 Royal Jewelers opened its doors as a specialty, family-run jewelry store. Over half a century later, Royal continues to operate as an independent retail jewelry store, offering the best designer jewelry and Swiss timepieces in New England. What makes Royal so different? It’s the warm, personal touch of our knowledgeable staff and the distinctive offering of the country’s most prestigious jewelry designers and Swiss watches that make Royal sparkle. The Royal Jewelers sales team is non commission, therefore never pressured to make a sale. Our goal is to assist customers purchase the world’s prettiest jewelry with friendly service at a great price. Our founder often said, “Our customers are as valuable as the jewelry we sell.”
Royal Jewelers does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.