As the team’s Watchmaker, you will open and examine all types of quartz and mechanical watches to:
- Authenticate and determine acceptance per provided condition and brand guidelines.
- Diagnose and perform timing adjustments, minor repairs and battery replacement on a large variety of mechanical and quartz watches and clocks.
- Inspect and affirm working status of high complication timepieces.
- Utilize all available resources to decrease rejection rate for non-working watches.
- Clean cases, bracelets, dials, hands, and crystals.
- Assess and confirm condition of movement and relevant case/movement numbers.
- Check condition of bracelets and add all available additional links.
- Pressure test all applicable watches.
- Maintain workshop tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Provide expert guidance and support to Fine Jewelry and Watch team.
- Work with management, fellow watchmakers and FJW to update and maintain acceptance guidelines and brand(s) awareness.
- Inspect and evaluate watch returns.
- Inspect and evaluate outbound high dollar watch sale pieces to insure customer satisfaction.
- Processes and make ready for sale a minimum of 30 – 40 watches a day.
- Technical writing skills.
- Effective communicator (both verbal and written).
- Comfortable teaching and providing constructive feedback in a positive manner.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment but is also comfortable being delegated specific tasks and projects.
- Demonstrates the skill and willingness to take initiative and to pro-actively anticipate.
- organizational needs including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines as required.
- Degree from accredited school of watchmaking or 2-5 equivalent years of experience. fixing quartz and mechanical watches.
- 2-5 years experience working in watch authenticity and pricing evaluation.
- Sales or research related experience a plus.
Only The RealReal offers customers access to authenticated designer fashion and fine art in curated sales. Our designer brands include such leading names as Chanel, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Prada, all at up to 90% off original retail. The RealReal takes possession of all items prior to sale in order for its merchandising and curatorial teams, authentication specialists and skilled gemologists to evaluate each item.
We have an award-winning leadership team with a proven track record of success and we are experiencing hyper-growth. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a VC funded start-up that is changing the marketplace. TheRealReal offers competitive salary, stock options, 401K with company match and a full menu of benefits. Join our team and make some history!
Leave A Comment