Posted June 28, 2017 by Esslinger Staff
Individual will handle all Watchmaker related responsibilities concerning production and quality standards defined by Richemont and its Brands.
- Describe condition of the piece to be evaluated.
- Identify root cause of problems in accordance to the client request(s).
- Select the adequate service in accordance with the Brands policy while:
- Meeting the client request.
- Proposing a solution to solve the issue.
- Identify the spare parts needed to repair the evaluated piece.
- Dismantle the timepieces and insert all parts dismantled into the repair box:
- Remove the strap or the bracelet.
- Separate movement/dial/hands from the case components.
- Dismantle the watches case components.
- Install and assemble the watches case components in preparation of the encasing of the movement.
- Check and ensure waterproofness of the case.
- Analyze and take decisions to define proper methodology to repair any calibre needed except those calibers that require restoration.
- Sample of movements to be repaired:
- 7750 ETA
- 5000 IWC
- Use or develop adequate tools or processes to correct issues that can arise during the repair process.
- When necessary, resolve issues related to limited (or no) access to spare parts by fixing existing components of the piece.
- Install the dial and the hands prior to encase the movement and close the watch.
- Perform a first Quality Control to ensure that the piece is in working order.
Maintenance and Organization of the Workshop
- Follow RNA and Brands’ specifications:
- Technical procedure
- Work assignments
- Standards of Quality & Standard Time of Operations (STOs)
- Maintain Tools and Equipment:
- Ensure that all equipment used are calibrated and maintained at a high standard.
- Proper layout and accessibility of all tools and equipment.
- Maintain a cleaned, organized and safe working area.
JOB PROFILE :
- High School Diploma or GDA
- Watchmaking diploma is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Watchmaking is preferred
- Working experience with luxury brands is a plus
- Watch and Jewellery polishing experience is a plus
Technical skills / abilities:
- High level of dexterity and focus to handle small parts, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions and efficiently provide a high level of quality
- Ability to analyse and solve problems by using adequate processes and tools available
Job Type: Full-time
- Mississauga Valley, ON
- High school or equivalent
- Watchmaking: 5 years