At Movado Group, we are committed to building the strongest brands in the industry and we are passionate about what we do. Our people are fueled by a creative spirit and a drive for excellence that are reflected in every aspect of our business. We offer the watch industry a compelling strategic vision and track record of sustained growth and we offer our employees unparalleled opportunities for career advancement. We invite you to come share in our success.
- Repair or replace broken, damaged, or worn parts of quartz and automatic watches
- Assemble mechanisms and oil moving parts
- Demagnetize mechanisms using a demagnetizing machine
- Test accuracy of balance wheel assembly
- Adjust timing regulator using truing calipers, a watch-rate recorder, and tweezers
- Examine watch mechanism, case, and parts for defects or foreign matter using loupe (magnifier)
- Test and replace batteries and other electronic components
- Remove mechanism from case
- Disassemble parts, such as hands, springs, or wheels; using hand tools
- Clean, rinse, and dry parts using a watch-cleaning machine
- Repair watch cases and watch bands
- Polish cases
- Keep a daily record of watches repaired
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in quartz / mechanical / automatic / chronograph repair
- CW21 certification preferred
- Understanding of various chronograph types, including their assembly and disassembly
- Knowledge of relevant machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance
- Strong troubleshooting skills used in determining causes of operating errors
- Ability to perform two types of finishes; satin and high polish
- Good working knowledge of proper lubricating techniques, including use of Epilame
- Ability to use various machines to conduct tests to inspect and evaluate accuracy and performance of timepieces
One of the world’s premier watchmakers, Movado Group, Inc. designs, manufactures and distributes watches from ten of the most recognized and respected names in time: Movado, Concord, Ebel and ESQ Movado along with our Coach, HUGO BOSS, Juicy Couture, Lacoste, Scuderia Ferrari and Tommy Hilfiger licensed watch brands.
Now is the perfect time to explore watch industry career opportunities with us. Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefit package. Our people are the corner stone of our business – we invite you to grow your career with us.
Movado Group, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- JOB TYPE: Full Time
- CAREER LEVEL: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- EDUCATION: High School or equivalent
- LOCATION: US – NJ – Moonachie