The Watchmaker performs repairs and battery changes on quartz, mechanical, and automatic watches. Answers questions concerning job charges, job completion, pick-up dates, job complexity, etc. Assists in training Watch Repair Technician on watch repair and battery changes. Delegates responsibility and coaches to enhance watch knowledge.
Qualified Candidates should have:
- Certified Watchmaker, preferred
- 1-7 years of experience acceptable
- Keen hand eye coordination
- Attention for detail
- Borsheims is willing to provide appropriate training
Responsibilites and Duties:
- Receives merchandise for repair, adjustment, cleaning, etc. Communicates best option and repair price.
- Examines watches for restrictions in design limitations; proceeds with repairs using techniques necessary to complete work.
- Performs miscellaneous basic, intermediate, and advanced-level repairs on quartz, mechanical, and automatic watches. Removes and replaces movements, batteries, etc.; reconditions watches, and refinishes/polishes and repairs bracelets.
- Maintains appropriate workflow and on-time repair dates as promised to customers.
- Communicates with Customer Service Rep to ensure jobs are done by promised delivery date.
- Communicates with manager regarding issues, concerns, and progress.
- Answers questions concerning job charges, job completion, pick-up dates, job complexity, etc.
- Sizes all types of karat and non-karat and platinum watch bands.
- Discusses repair and warranty options with Factory Repair Watch Associate.
- Assists in ordering parts and tools needed in order to complete customer’s requests.
- Coordinates orders if possible with Watch Repair Technician to maximize efficiency and save shipping costs. Follows set budget guidelines for supplies.
- Assists in training Watch Repair Technician on watch repair and battery changes. Delegates responsibility and coaches to enhance watch knowledge.
- Evaluates and monitors all repair equipment, machines, tools, replacement parts and stock.
- Follows proper procedures for maintaining, storing, and eliminating all chemical solutions associated with required work. Follows chemical and equipment safety procedures: SDS, etc.
- Performs other related duties as requested
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to work assigned schedule on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to see well enough to read small print, identify merchandise, and read a computer screen and printout; with aid of minor magnification check quality of work on small parts or entire pieces of watch items.
- Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse with others in person, via telephone and paging system.
- Ability to move about the store from department to department, get behind narrow counter areas, and bend down or reach up into drawers/shelves.
- Dexterity to write in small print, hold on to and use watchmaker tools, handle small watch parts while repairing, bend over and pick up dropped materials, operate a computer keyboard, and operate office equipment.
- Stamina to sit for over eight hours and focus on small detailed work.
- Ability to work in a shop environment i.e. elevated noise, steamer, minor dust, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 20 lbs.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Regular Weekly Schedule
- Closed on Sundays/No Late Nights
- Incredible Employee Discount
- Service Awards
- Promote From Within