Southbay Gold is seeking skilled watchmaker. Watchmaker is responsible for providing in-store watch maintenance, service and performing quality control checks on watches in a timely manner. The Watchmaker is also responsible for supporting Sales Professionals in the sale and purchase of a watch. The watchmaker must be able to identify authentic parts and verify serial numbers.
In-Store Watch Maintenance
- Service a watch completely.
- Clean cases and bracelets using the ultrasonic cleaner and where applicable the steam machine.
- Replacing pins and screws.
- Water Resistance Testing – test watches to ensure they are water resistant using the pressure test machine and advise if the watch passed or failed. Provide a copy of the printed results for the customer.
- Testing for rate deviation on mechanical watches using the timing machine.
- Battery Installation – selecting the correct size and voltage of battery for watch. Ensuring battery straps are secure and cleaning of the terminal.
- Using quartz analyzer to test voltage, rate and coil resistance.
- Conduct quality control on out-of-store repaired watches including appearance, proper hand alignment, water resistance documentation and final wipe down and wrap.
- Conducting quality control on same-day serviced watches including wipe and wrap. Advise Service/Sales Professionals if the watch requires additional servicing.
- Provide a final quality control check to ensure the watch has been repaired according to standards. This includes:
Reviewing appearance, hand alignment, proper tension of setting and winding, calendar flip, oscillating weight, proper screw down of crown/tube, no exposed gaskets, final timing, water resistance documentation, checking clasp functions, spring bars and loose pins/screws, setting and winding positions as well as final wipe down and wrap.
- Support process for out-of-store watch repair
- Maintain equipment and tools in good working order.
- Engage with clients as required to provide knowledge and education on technical processes.
- At least 5 years of work experience in the craft or relevant certifications.
- Must be Rolex Level 30 Certified
- A demonstrated ability to learn on-the job.
- Willing to be hands-on and work with the team to get the job done.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule throughout the week.
- A passion for watches and excellence in service.
- Ability to be customer facing as needed.
- Detail orientated with a mechanical aptitude.
About Southbay Gold
We specialize in buying and selling gold and diamonds, custom designed jewelry and engagement rings, retail jewelry, gold and silver bullion, rare coins, estate jewelry, luxury watches, and collectibles. Our combined family of businesses have almost 90 years of experience. Since 1997 South Bay Gold has been one of the top gold buyers and bullion dealers in southern California. However, SBG’s roots go back to 1987 as a jewelry manufacturer and wholesaler of precious stones and metals. Finley’s Jewelers was established in 1924 & with their great reputation, we realized that they would be a natural fit to join us.
The following is a summary of services and products:
- Custom Jewelry Design: Service available to the public & wholesale
- Jewelry: Engagement Rings, Wedding Bands, Fine Jewelry, Estate Jewelry, Jewelry Repairs, Ring Sizing, Jewelry Appraisal, and Precious Stone Replacements.
- Bullion & Rare Coins: We buy & sell gold, silver, platinum coins/bars, PCGS & NGC certified numismatic coins, and raw coins
- Buying And Selling diamonds & precious stones from public
- Gold Refinery
- Buying: Gold, Platinum, & Silver from public
- Buying, Selling and Repairing Luxury Watches
In addition to our headquarters in Torrance (located next to the Citi Bank Building and Lindberg Nutrition building at Hawthorne and Sepulveda Boulevards), our other store is located in Manhattan Beach at the intersection of Marine and Sepulveda. Finley’s Jewelers is located in the Hollywood Riviera of Redondo Beach. Our organization is proud to serve customers residing in Palos Verdes, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Manhattan Beach, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista, El Segundo, Gardena, Hawthorne, Inglewood, Santa Monica, Venice, The South Bay and greater Los Angeles, and Orange County.’
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00 – $27.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- work: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person