$30,000 – $40,000 a year
Murray’s Jewelers Job Opening
113 W. Charles St., Muncie, IN 47305
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email or in-person.
Job Title: Bench Jeweler
This is a full-time position that is primarily responsible for repairing, polishing, assembling, setting, and maintaining fine jewelry in a high quality and timely manner. The jeweler will also sometimes work directly with customers to explain jewelry services, perform transactions, and occasionally sell jewelry.
Our business is a family-owned and operated fine jewelry store that takes great pride in quality craftsmanship and offering customers excellent service. Currently there are seven employees: six full-time and one part-time. Four of the seven are members of the Murray family. We are a group of progressive people, and we show respect to all customers despite our differences.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
– Perform requested and necessary work on jewelry including sizing, repairing, soldering, laser welding, polishing, setting, and cleaning in a high quality and timely manner.
– Ensure the quality of store merchandise and provide accurate assessments of merchandise quality and condition.
– Maintain the workshop and personal workspace in a clean, organized, presentable, and efficient manner as directed by management.
– Operate, maintain, and clean all workshop equipment and tools as necessary to ensure safe operation and maintenance.
– Maintain and request as necessary all workshop supplies, including tools and findings, adhering to workshop budget.
– Assist customers, when other employees are unavailable, with their repair needs, browsing and purchasing merchandise, and delivery of their items back to them.
– Listen carefully to customers and work politely with them to understand their jewelry repair needs.
– Continually pursue personal and store improvement by learning, sharing, and updating yourself on new and more effective and/or efficient jeweler skills, tools, and methods.
– Work professionally, efficiently, and courteously with customers and other employees.
– Communicate issues or concerns thoughtfully to the managers.
– Bench jeweler training, experience, or similar transferable skills are preferred but not required.
– Excellent dexterity.
– Detail oriented.
– High-school degree or GED.
– Customer service oriented.
– Good organizational skills.
– Basic computer skills.
– Work typical business hours Tuesdays through Saturdays, plus Thursday evenings. Sundays & Mondays are off work. Extra days and hours required during Christmas season.
Pay & Benefits
– Minimum starting salary of $30,000. Negotiable based on training and experience.
– Three weeks paid vacation annually (two weeks during first year).
– Generous health insurance coverage.
– Opportunity for retirement benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
similar: 1 year (Preferred)
High school or equivalent (Required)
Leave A Comment