At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience and potential you could bring to CHANEL.
Watch Repair Technician
CHANEL is looking for a(n) Watch Repair Technician to join our Retail Team in Beverly Hills. You will play a leading role in elevating client experience. This role interfaces with our boutique team and is a key partner for our After Sales Service Center. Our ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience and a passion for the Watch and Fine Jewelry product category.
What impact you can create at CHANEL:
- Provide in store technical experience at our Beverly Hills boutique as well as provide support for local boutiques
- Drive and build the aftersales experience in store for our customers
- Elevate the client experience and provide key support to the Boutique teams
- Continue to elevate CHANEL’s desire to deliver excellent customer service
You are energized by…
- Working in a highly collaborative environment
- Collaborating with passionate teammates
- The opportunities that outstanding repairs capability can deliver in strengthening the brands relationship with the customer.
- The need to learn and evolve constantly, ensuring the brand is always at the cutting edge of what is possible.
- The Watch & Fine Jewelry product and wider industry.
What You Will Bring To The Team…
- Acting as an ambassador for the brand, bring a proven competency of watch repair experience
- Build a strong working relationship with our internal workshop and act as a support for the boutique team.
- Immerse yourself fully into the retail environment with the confidence to interact with clients on a daily basis and at events and become an integral part of the client experience.
- Good awareness of the multiple aftersales tasks in order to perform the initial analysis on all watches and jewelry items coming in for repair. Tasks will include, but not limited to:
- Physical inspection, testing and diagnosis of incoming watches
- All manner of repairs including repairs, maintenance, cleaning and or overhauls on watches
- The picking of all parts/components needed and the physical disassembly, repair, replacement, overhaul or calibration and reassembly of all approved repair jobs as per clients request and or needs.
- Complete testing and quality control of all completed watch repairs including but not limited to watch functions and water resistance of the case
- Ability to work with boutique teams to update them on the status of repairs as well as liaise directly with customers to fully answer their technical queries on their pieces.
- Collaborate with retail staff to maintain stock in first quality condition, including battery updates and light polishing of watches and jewelry.
- Be responsible for logging in repairs, follow up all stages of the process, manage the spare parts inventory as well as undertake quality management of pieces in stock.
- A good understanding of equipment needed to perform tasks and carry out basic checks to ensure machines and equipment are maintained in good working order and highlight any issues in a timely manner.
- 2-5 Years as a Watchmaker/Technician
- Formal Training in Watchmaking or equivalent experience
- Must be experienced working on high quality luxury timepieces.
- Polishing experience a plus
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,300 through $85,000. Base salary is one component of the total compensation for this position. Other components will include additional compensation, benefits and perks. Chanel is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We offer a unique work environment where individuals are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of growth. This is reflected in
:Diversity and Inclusion
- At CHANEL, we are intentional in promoting Diversity & Inclusion. We foster respect, empathy and dignity for all. We believe strongly that the diversity of our people across the full spectrum of human differences is essential to our organization and the connections we have with each other and our clients.
- We offer Employee Resource Groups in the US that are voluntary, open to all, employee-led groups formed around a shared identity or lived experience, whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community aligned with the values and missions of the communities they support.
- CHANEL Community empowers our employees to channel their passions, talents and sense of purpose to contribute to and learn from our communities.
- Employees are encouraged to take time off annually to volunteer through CHANEL Community. CHANEL also matches employee donations to select charitable organizations.
- CHANEL Mission 1.5° is our climate action plan. It is focused on transforming the business in line with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement on climate change to limit the average global mean temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.
- Employees are encouraged to contribute to our US Sustainability efforts at the corporate level and within the divisions, through organized taskforces and initiatives.
Arts and Culture
- We are committed to extending our legacy of cultural engagement. Global support includes the CHANEL Culture Fund, which supports a select group of leading art culture institutions across the globe, and the CHANEL Next Prize for the next generation of creative talent. US support currently includes Annual sponsorship of the MoMA film program, Tribeca Film Festival programs and Through Her Lens, Support of the Academy Gold Fellowship for Women and Sponsorship of the BAAND Together Dance Festival at Lincoln Center.
Career and Leadership Development:
- We have dedicated in-house teams focused on supporting the onboarding of employees, developing leadership skills via custom programs like Imagine Chanel People, Heart of Leadership and group and individual coaching, and blended online and live classes offered on our Bloom platform and by skilled trainers, such as Shape Your Career, to develop career building skills.
- Base salary, bonus potential and other forms of variable pay will be offered for this position
Benefits And Perks
- Flexibility (flexible time and hybrid work options)
- Wellbeing resources include dedicated paid time off for wellbeing (2-week August Office Closure and Wellbeing Days in Retail) and a Wellbeing fund
- Family and care giving benefits (inclusive of parental leave, fertility support, MilkStork, and Care.com Membership)
- Generous paid time off policies to include vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer days
- 401K, pension and other incentives
- Robust healthcare offerings; medical, dental, vision, MDLIVE (virtual care), One Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care), Health Savings Account and Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Advocate, International Business Travel Accident & Medical, and Commuter Transit & Parking
- Chanel, Inc. benefits and perks are dependent on eligibility and subject to modification by Chanel at any time.
Leave A Comment