Full Job Description
Rare opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest watch and jeweller repair networks!
Watchmaker – Ernest Jones, Cheapside, London
Are you a professionally qualified Watchmaker with a proven track record in prestige watch repairs?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Watchmaker here at Signet Jewelers you’ll work in the heart of one of the UK’s largest Jewellery & Watch repair networks, taking on repairs from our 350 H.Samuel & Ernest Jones stores across the UK and delivering an outstanding customer repairs service.
Based within our Ernest Jones store in Cheapside, London you’ll provide an in-store service to customers on-site and will join an experienced Watchmaking and repairs service. Here at Signet our Watchmakers are responsible for the successful completion of an allocated workstream which achieves both our internal and brand-required quality standards, and efficient service levels so that we can ensure our customers receive the very best customer service possible.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Carrying out a variety of watch repairs appropriate to your skill level and / or brand accreditation level.
- Utilising decision making and investigation skills to support the effective management of repairs requirements and estimation requests.
- Taking ownership over production performance through an agile approach and active engagement with the wider team with a keen focus on quality, efficient service and effective time management.
- Taking accountability for materials, tools, legislative and costs management through collaborative support with the department’s inventory controller, management and colleagues.
- Building strong relationships with store and team colleagues.
- Control and comply with personal and customer product security relating to leakage and damage.
- Supporting the wider repairs team in responding to escalated queries.
Suitable applicants will be experienced as follows:
- Professional Watchmaking Qualification (WOSTEP, BHI or equivalent)
- Proven track record in prestige watch repairs and service (Brand accreditation desirable)
- Strong commercial acumen and the proven ability to manage material costs
- Ability to take, pass and maintain knowledge associated to bench test requirements
- Customer-centric approach with a focus on delivering best-in-class results
- Willingness to undertake qualifications / brand training where required
- Willingness to undertake health and safety and legislative qualifications specific to role
Please note: This role will be full time at 37 hours per week worked over 5 days per week Monday – Friday, however occasionally evening and weekend work may be required to support peak selling seasons.
We offer a fantastic job and more…
We are passionate about our profession, and together we can help you realise your full potential. Come and be part of Signet Jewelers and enjoy the following fantastic benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Staff Discount across all brands
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Real Rewards Corporate Discount
- Recommend a Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Shine with Signet – Recognition Platform
Be part of something special!
Signet is the name behind H.Samuel and Ernest Jones – so altogether, we have 350 UK stores selling some of the most fashionable and exclusive watch and jewelery brands on the High Street. But that’s not all. We also have stores in the US, Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands. In fact, we’re the largest speciality retail jeweler in the world, by sales. Just imagine where your retail career could take you.
Signet Jewelers (H.Samuel & Ernest Jones) is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and are proud to have achieved Disability Confident Committed status (Level 1). All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Leave A Comment