About the job
*Please note this is not a jewellery design role, this is for jewellery welding using our welding machine in store*
“We are more than just a jewellery brand, we are a movement on a mission to revolutionise the jewellery experience.”
We are a UK based brand with a strong vision to make contemporary designed jewellery accessible to everyone. With 9 stores already in the UK, we’re bringing our famous ear stacks and beautiful stores to New York. After a very successful pop up in 2019 in Soho, we thought it was about time for A&M to make a permanent return to New York. Our mission is to empower people to celebrate each other, express and honour individuality and diversity and, of course, sparkle. We revolutionise through experience, innovation, empowerment and integrity. We’re a playground for jewellery lovers and are continuously innovating with sustainability at our core as we continue to grow.
We want to get to know the real YOU. Our culture is one where individuality, creativity and passion thrive. We look after each other because our success is collective, and we never take ourselves too seriously.
What we value most
Alignment to our company values is the most important characteristic we look for in all new joiners. Our A&M values are the behaviours that we value above and beyond anything else in our teams. We have 3 core values: Grow Together, Celebrate Each other and Break all Boundaries.
For more about us, visit our website www.astridandmiyu.com
About this role:
This is an exciting opportunity to be one of our US Jeweller’s in our first global Astrid & Miyu store in New York. Welding is one of our most popular experiences we offer in our stores, along with tattooing and piercing. An experience used to mark memorable events such as an anniversary, you’ll be solidifying that event with a beautiful seamless bracelet. Ensuring all our customer’s wrists remain sparkling, you’ll be an integral part of the exceptional experiences we offer at A&M. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will help to support the retail team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide welding services in store including, but not limited to, welding or soldering a bracelet around a customer’s wrist
- Use the welding machine and equipment correctly and with care and promptly alert your line manager of any issues
- Liaise with your line manager and HO team regarding welding inventory levels and stock needs
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times while on the shop floor
- Greeting and assisting customers, giving advice and guidance
- Bringing ideas and effort to achieve store targets
- Keeping up to date with promotions and other store initiatives
- Keeping the welding station tidy and clean at all time
- 1+ years industry experience is preferred but if you have a genuine interest in jewellery such as part of your studies then this could be considered
- Excellent people skills
- A resourceful attitude, but able to ask for support when needed
- Excellent communication skills
- A sense of self-motivation and an innate drive to be the best version of yourself
- Product allowance
- Competitive salary
We have lots of wonderful perks but we really believe the best part about working with us is being surrounded by a creative and diverse team who are as passionate as you are about our mission and values, and having full freedom and autonomy to create the role of your dreams.
Desired Skills and Experience