Posted May 18, 2017 by Esslinger Staff
Full service jewelry repair shop looking for experienced bench jeweler.
Lane Wells Jewelry Repair has been a full service jewelry repair facility in Austin for more than 40 years. We work on a wide variety of quality and styles of jewelry. We maintain the highest standards of quality of service, at reasonable prices and quick turnaround.
We are looking to add another jeweler to our team. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years experience working on the bench, with the ability to maintain the highest quality of repairs while working through a moderate workload. The candidate will have some regular contact with customers, so a clean and respectful appearance and attitude are required.
Required skills and responsibilities:
- Ability to size and reshank rings
- Work in gold, silver, palladium, platinum
- Basic chain repair and soldering
- Watch batteries, adding new pins, and removing links
- Polish, clean and rhodium plate
- Casting experience a plus
- Engraving (flat and inside rings)
- Maintaining a clean work space
- Cleaning the shop (We keep a clean shop, everyone pitches in)
Bench test may be required.
Hourly salary based on skill and experience.
Job Type: Full-time