Vacancies: 37.5 hours per week (5 days out of 7)
Location: Chisholm Hunter Support Centre, Glasgow City Centre
Chisholm Hunter is one of the UK’s leading independent retail jewellers supplying luxury jewellery and Swiss timepieces to our clients since 1857.
An incredible opportunity has arisen for an experienced Bench Jeweller to join our workshop team located in our Support Centre in Glasgow.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated Bench Jeweller with a passion for jewellery and a meticulous eye for detail. A proven track record of consistently achieving key performance indicators is paramount.
Our workshop is fully equipped with state of the art machinery, including a laser welder. Experience in this would be desirable but not essential as training would be provided.
- Attractive Salary – depending on experience
- Structured personal development plan
- Excellent career development opportunities.
- Up to 36 days holiday per year, inclusive of bank holidays, with progression.
- Generous staff discountsContributory pension
- Company Life Assurance
- Healthcare Plan
- Charity matching –we match what you raise up to £250 pa.
- Employee Assistance Programme : Counselling
- Polishing/Rhodium ( to the highest standard)
- Soldering (use of the mircoweld for chains, shanks, bracelets etc.)
- Ring sizing’s ( both up, down and adding in all metals )
- Pearl removal/reattaching
- Cleaning and maintenance of every machine & tools
- Stock replenishment ( parts, metal, tools )
- Quality checking
- Organisation of daily workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Full understanding of the health and safety implications
- Achieve agreed weekly KPI targets on an ongoing basis
- Shift work to meet the needs of the business
- Supporting team/workshop manager
- The employee is required to adhere to the standards of conduct expected of all Chisholm
- Hunter employees set out in the Code of Conduct in the staff handbook
- Ensure you promote the company image and brand in a positive manner though your behaviour and appearance
Our aim is to deliver perfection and provide assistance for our 24 stores across the UK, to support this you will be a team player, have a positive attitude along with great attention to detail.
This position is dynamic & challenging, with lots of variety and you will be expected to achieve your key performance indicators set by the company.
To ensure your success, you will receive a variety of resources to enable you to maximise your performance and develop your career within the luxury environment of Chisholm Hunter.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years in a busy workshop environment, though exceptional success journeys are welcome to apply.
Experience, skill and knowledge required:
- Can competently size, polish and solder all types of metals.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting/exceeding key performance indicators
- Extremely flexible within their role to support the company
- Is motivated and passionate about their work
- Results focused
- Attentive to detail
- Experience of working in a fast paced workshop environment is essential
- HND qualification in Silversmithing and Jewellery Design – is desirable but not essential
Job Type: Full-time
- Bench Jeweller: 1 year
Address: 53-54 Argyll Arcade, Glasgow G2 8BG, UK
Phone: +44 141 226 3736