Medawar Jewelers was founded on the ideals that there is compromise for perfection. We strive to meet these ideals every day. We are looking for an experienced watchmaker who has this same focus, as the pursuit of perfection should be every watchmaker’s goal. We are seeking a highly-qualified and experienced watchmaker to join us in our Lansing, Michigan location.
Our watchmakers perform functions, such as:
- Authenticate timepieces upon arrival at our storefront and communicates the findings to our staff and customers
- Fully service and repair timepieces as necessary in a timely manner-including quartz, manual and automatic movements
- Fabricates parts for watches that are no longer available
- Keep clear communication with co-workers to make sure the process is as swift and concise as possible
- Maintain high standards of safety, quality and professionalism
Our job requires a person who has the following:
- 3 years minimum of experience
- CW21 Certification (or comparable proof of experience)
- Experience working with a wide range of watches and clocks, from low end quartz movements, to luxury automatic watches from brands such as: Rolex Breitling, Omega, Cartier, and more
- Extensive experience in the repair, adjustment and proper service of today’s most frequently used watch calibers (Such as ETA 7750 and others)
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly and meet changing deadlines and time constraints
- High level of organizations and strong time-management ability
- Ability to educate sales staff on basics of watch repair
About Medawar Jewelers
The Medawar family of jewelers began in 1920 when Chakib Medawar opened a small watch and clock shop. Chakib then taught his children, who would later expand the business to include jewelry repair and sales. Now the third generation is taking over the business and expanding by leaps and bounds. “My father would sit with me like his father sat with him and taught me about watches and our business. But the lessons were more than just technical; I learned the importance of treating customers well and becoming someone they could trust with their precious heirlooms.
” -Ronny Medawar
What started with a one-room business in 1920 has expanded into a multi store legacy in Michigan and California. Our stores have become a standard for customer service and quality jewelry at affordable prices. Medawar Jewelers is a Direct Diamond Importer and gets their diamonds straight from the cutter, which allows them greater control over the quality and pricing of diamonds. Medawar Jewelers also offers diamond and gemstone jewelry, an in-house jeweler for custom design and repair work and specializes in watch and clock repair. House calls, a rarity in today’s world, are available for grandfather clock service.
The staff at Medawar Jewelers continues to provide unparalleled customer service, quality and valueContact: Carol Medawar