Posted September 21, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
MVMT Watches (pronounced movement) was founded on the belief that style shouldn’t break the bank. The watchmaker’s goal is to change the way consumers think about fashion by offering high-quality minimalist products at revolutionary prices. With over 500,000 watches sold to customers in 160+ countries around the world, MVMT Watches has solidified itself as the world’s fastest growing watch company.
The direct to consumer e-commerce company has hit the ground running since its successful crowdfunded start, quickly capturing the millennial market through savvy social media strategy (1.5 million collective followers) and innovative data driven marketing. The Los Angeles-based company remains privately owned and proudly operates with zero outside investment.
MVMT is currently seeking a Site Experience Director to own site merchandising, navigation, brand/creative content and overall site experience for the MVMT watches brand. Position is responsible for developing a site strategy that is based on quantitative data analytics, the brand promise and is customer focused resulting in a highly effective customer experience, increased average order value, time on site and conversion.
Site Experience Director will own:
Site merchandising: the representation of products on the site, from navigation to categorization to search results and product data.
Brand content: management of the homepage, category, channel landing pages, and product page content including layout, photography, graphics, etc. to represent the MVMT brand message and value proposition. Additionally, will provide leadership more broadly with marketing channels to ensure a consistent brand experience.
Overall site experience: leading internal and external stakeholders in developing on site functionality for navigating, browsing, and buying our assortment of Men’s and Women’s fashion accessories while representing brand interests to the rest of the marketing organization.
- Develop deep knowledge and understanding of the brand’s identity, consumer segments and value proposition to deliver compelling site content and experience
- Convey the brand’s messaging and value proposition throughout the site through creative graphics, layout and content. Collaborate with the acquisition, retention, brand marketing and creative teams to build an experience that converts site traffic to orders and repeat purchase.
- Surface opportunities to create a better user experience for the MVMT customer, including using existing tools and functionality as well as developing needs for new functionality and UI elements.
- Work with external and internal stakeholders to build a business case, prioritize, and project manage site releases (both for campaign development and execution of UX/UI enhancements.)
- Build dashboards and leverage key site performance metrics to analyze and identify opportunities including traffic and conversion trends, mobile v. desktop and channel mix.
- Own all aspects of product merchandising on the site. Leverage relevant metrics, aligned with customer focus to optimize for both peak and off-peak performance. Work cross-functionally to;
- Setup and maintain site navigation as it changes from season to season
- Setup and maintain product categories and related content
- Determine best site experience for introducing new products and to maximize return across product categories
- Manage and optimize product merchandising within each category with respect to sort order and product promotion and demotion
- 3-5 years of experience in an eCommerce-related role focused on site content and branding and/or product merchandising
- Bachelor’s degree, likely in marketing or business management, MBA preferred
- Passion for eCommerce and customer experience
- Organizational skills and comfort with project management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start up environment
- Experience working in and/or basic understanding of a customer-facing business
- Ability to develop key business strategies and execute on them resulting in an impact to the business
- Strong communication skills, ability to represent the interests of a broad group of stakeholders
- Proven experience leveraging quantitative data analytics to solve business problems, uncover opportunities and develop strategies.
- Capacity to work well in team environment
Job Type: Full-time