Posted October 19, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
The RealReal provides the largest selection of authenticated luxury items including men’s and women’s fashion, fine jewelry & watches, and fine art & home. Consignors earn 60-70% of the sale price and items sell quickly. Its free in-home pickup service is available in 20+ major cities across the US. The fine jewelry & watch valuation offices in select cities offer people free valuations on their pieces from the company’s professional gemologists. In 2015, The RealReal was named to the Business of Fashion 500 list, recognizing companies reshaping the global fashion industry. In the same year, the company was awarded the “Game Changer” award by W Magazine and Decoded Fashion. To learn more about The RealReal, visit www.therealreal.com.
This position will report to the Sr. Director of Fine Jewelry and Watches. Key areas of responsibility include facilitating client facing appointments, ensuring a luxurious client experience. The Valuation Manager should have an entrepreneurial spirit and be dedicated to growing their respective office.
- Facilitate all Valuation office appointments, working with clients to provide a relaxed non-contentious experience that educates them on the value of their jewelry and watches in our marketplace
- Coordinate with Regional Director of Sales and Luxury Manager team to ensure that we are booking appointments for the Valuation office, and supporting the effort to increase Fine Jewelry and Watch receipts in the Valuation Office region
- Maintain strong understanding of pricing trends and the sell thru velocity of Fine Jewelry and Watches in our marketplace by working with Pricing and Authentication team
- Accountable for the sell thru and velocity of all product brought in through the Valuation Office
- Accountable for the conversion rate of appointments to consignments
- Work closely with Sales team and Senior Director of Fine Jewelry and Watches to execute lead generation strategies
- Handle all other requests as necessary to support the Valuation office as determined by Senior Director of Fine Jewelry and Watches
Skills and Abilities
- Passion for delivering a luxury experience each and every day
- Gemological identification experience along with pricing expertise
- Knowledge of watch industry pricing and authenticity
- Polished, professional presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple complex, time sensitive situations while remaining calm, cool and collected
- Effective communicator (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrates the skill and willingness to take initiative and to pro-actively anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines as required.
- Ability to foresee potential obstacles well in advance of campaign launch dates and to problem solve in order to ensure proper execution of Valuation office processes
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- 2-5 years experience working in the luxury space in a customer facing role
- Sales experience encouraged
- Graduate Gemologist certification from the Gemological Institute of America required
- Team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines
Industry : Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Mid-Senior level
Job function : Sales
Meet The RealReal
Luxury Goods & Jewelry · 201-500 employees · Founded 2011 · Privately Held
The RealReal is the country’s largest online luxury consignment marketplace. Founded in 2011, we are one of the few online resellers to authenticate and photograph every piece of merchandise on our site. Only The RealReal offers customers access to authenticated designer fashion and fine art in curated sales. Our designer brands include such leading names as Chanel, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Prada, all at up to 90% off original retail. Our fine art offerings include paintings, drawings, prints, photographs and sculpture from the Modern, Post-War and Contemporary eras. The RealReal takes possession of all items prior to sale in order for its merchandising and curatorial teams, authentication specialists and skilled gemologists to evaluate each item.
We have an award-winning leadership team with a proven track record of success and we are experiencing hyper-growth. In addition to winning POSH and Fashpreneur Awards, The RealReal has been featured on The Today Show, USA Today, Fortune, Glamour, and Elle.