This position will report to the Sr. Director of Fine Jewelry and Watches. Key areas of responsibility include facilitating client facing appointments, ensuring a luxurious client experience. The Valuation Manager should have an entrepreneurial spirit and be dedicated to growing their respective office.
- Facilitate all Valuation office appointments, working with clients to provide a relaxed non-contentious experience that educates them on the value of their jewelry and watches in our marketplace
- Coordinate with Regional Director of Sales and Luxury Manager team to ensure that we are booking appointments for the Valuation office, and supporting the effort to increase Fine Jewelry and Watch receipts in the Valuation Office region
- Maintain strong understanding of pricing trends and the sell thru velocity of Fine Jewelry and Watches in our marketplace by working with Pricing and Authentication team
- Accountable for the sell thru and velocity of all product brought in through the Valuation Office
- Accountable for the conversion rate of appointments to consignments
- Work closely with Sales team and Senior Director of Fine Jewelry and Watches to execute lead generation strategies
- Handle all other requests as necessary to support the Valuation office as determined by Senior Director of Fine
- Jewelry and Watches
Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for delivering a luxury experience each and every day
- Gemological identification experience along with pricing expertise
- Knowledge of watch industry pricing and authenticity
- Polished, professional presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple complex, time sensitive situations while remaining calm, cool and collected
- Effective communicator (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrates the skill and willingness to take initiative and to pro-actively anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines as required.
- Ability to foresee potential obstacles well in advance of campaign launch dates and to problem solve in order to ensure proper execution of Valuation office processes
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- 2-5 years experience working in the luxury space in a customer facing role
- Sales experience encouraged
- Graduate Gemologist certification from the Gemological Institute of America required
- Team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines.
The RealReal is the leading full service online luxury resale marketplace in the United States. Only The RealReal offers customers access to authenticated designer fashion and fine art in curated sales. Our designer brands include such leading names as Chanel, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Gucci and Prada, all at up to 90% off original retail. The RealReal takes possession of all items prior to sale in order for its merchandising and curatorial teams, authentication specialists and skilled gemologists to evaluate each item.
We have an award-winning leadership team with a proven track record of success and we are experiencing hyper-growth. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a VC funded start-up that is changing the marketplace. Founded in 2011, we are one of the few online resellers to authenticate and photograph every piece of merchandise on our site. In addition to winning POSH and Fashpreneur Awards, The RealReal has been featured on The Today Show, USA Today, Fortune, Glamour, and Elle. TheRealReal offers competitive salary, stock options, 401k with company match and a full menu of benefits. Join our team and make some history!
Find us: www.therealreal.com
Follow us: twitter.com/TheRealReal1
Like us: facebook.com/TheRealRealPage
Follow us: pinterest.com/therealreal
Meet The RealReal
Apparel & Fashion · 201-500 employees · Founded 2011 · Privately Held
The RealReal is the world’s premier online luxury resale store.
Offering authenticated, pre-owned, designer fashion including Chanel, Hermès, Manolo Blahnik and Cartier — all at up to 90 percent off retail prices —The RealReal eliminates the uncertainty of purchasing luxury goods online. Our team of luxury experts and skilled gemologists curates, evaluates and authenticates the best clothing, handbags, shoes and fine jewelry, creating the web’s best destination for women’s and men’s luxury resale.
The RealReal also offers Fine Art, including paintings, prints & editions, drawings, photographs, mixed media and tabletop sculpture from the Modern, Post-War and Contemporary eras. Our seasoned team of expert curators researches and authenticates every piece of fine art.