Posted July 28, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
The Fine Jewelry CAD Engineer will support Product Development and Manufacturing in the development of 3-D CAD and 2-D technical designs, digital renderings and 3-D prints. He/she will create and maintain libraries of standardized digital components. The CAD Engineer will be Riva’s technical design subject matter expert.
- Create 3-D presentation and/or production fine jewelry CAD models
- Create 2-D technical art and digital renderings as required
- Partner with PD Project Leaders, PD Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure CADs reflect aesthetic, weight and manufacturing best-practice requirements
- Agree on schedules with PD Project Leader based on overall project timeline. Ensure on-time delivery
- Print 3-D prototypes
- Create 3-D templates for commonly used components by customer. Organize into libraries and maintain for easy access
- Participate in new project kick-off meetings
- Identify opportunities to create efficiencies in CAD development
- Attend weekly department update meetings
- Assist in maintaining rapid prototype machines and supplies as required
- Identify and facilitate design technology upgrades
- Attend trade shows and keep current on developments in design technology. Foster relationships with design technology companies
- Minimum BFA or degree in Industrial Design
- 5+ years fine jewelry CAD engineering experience
- Highly proficient in Rhino, Keyshot, Adobe Creative Suite. Solidworks, T-Splines and other design software a plus
- Experience working in a jewelry manufacturing environment. Highly proficient in creating production ready CADs
- Knowledge of 3-D prototyping and equipment
- Detail oriented and organized
- Must be proactive self-starter
- Ability to multi-task & work in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving ability
- Team player
- Conducts self in a professional manner
It is required that applicants have an extensive technical background in fine jewelry CAD design for this position.
Industry : Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Mid-Senior level
Job function : Art/Creative,Design,Manufac
Meet Riva Jewelry Manufacturing Inc.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry · 51-200 employees · Founded 1988 · Self-Owned
Riva Precision Manufacturing is a vertically integrated jewelry manufacturing facility, located in the heart of New York City. We retain a reliable and consistent manufacturing process that is located all under one roof, ensuring excellent quality and service. Our mission is to honor God through our service, process and product excellence along with a vision to become the leader in every industry we pursue while serving our customers, suppliers and employees.
As part of an all-inclusive service, our master metalsmiths and artisans will work until perfection on a piece of jewelry. Casting, stamping, rapid prototyping, chain making, enamel,CNC, Jewelry and polishing are a sampling of what we do. Working in all the precious metals-sterling silver, gold and platinum, our experience guarantees your satisfaction.
Riva has made a conscious, thorough effort to stay conservation minded, environmentally driven to reduce our carbon footprint, and to stay true to an ethical responsibility. These principles are part of our DNA.