The Watch Repair Associate completes basic watch repairs, cleaning, and battery changes on quartz, mechanical and automatic watches under Watchmaker’s instruction. Answers questions concerning job charges, job completion, pick-up dates, and job complexity.
Qualified Candidates should have:
- Keen hand eye ordination.
- Attention for detail.
- Borsheims is willing to provide appropriate training.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Receives merchandise from watchmaker assistant or sales associate for repair, adjustment, cleaning, etc.
- Communicates best option and repair price.
- Under the supervision of the Watchmaker, examines watches for restrictions in design limitations. Proceeds with basic repairs using techniques necessary to complete work.
- Performs miscellaneous basic and intermediate level repairs on quartz, mechanical, and automatic watches.
- Removes and replaces movements, batteries, etc. Performs ultrasonic cleaning, refinishes/polishes and repairs bracelets.
- Answers questions concerning job charges, job completion, pick-up dates, job complexity, etc.
- Assists in ordering parts and tools needed in order to complete customer requests.
- Sizes all types of karat, non-karat and platinum watch bands.
- Maintains appropriate workflow and on-time repair dates as promised to customers. Communicates with watchmaker assistant to ensure jobs are done by promised delivery date.
- Assists in evaluating and monitoring all repair equipment, machines, tools, replacement parts and stock. Works with watchmaker assistant to ensure parts are ordered and tracked.
- Follows proper procedures for maintaining, storing, and eliminating all chemical solutions associated with required work. Follows chemical and equipment safety procedures: MSDS, etc.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Ability to work assigned schedule on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to see well enough to read small print, identify merchandise, and read a computer screen and printout; with aid of minor magnification check quality of work on small parts or entire pieces of watch items.
- Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse with others in person, via telephone and paging system.
- Ability to move about the store from department to department, get behind narrow counter areas, and bend down or reach up into drawers/shelves.
- Dexterity to write in small print, hold on to and use watchmaker tools, handle small watch parts while repairing, bend over and pick up dropped materials, operate a computer keyboard, and operate office equipment.
- Stamina to sit for over eight hours and focus on small detailed work.
- Ability to work in a shop environment i.e. elevated noise, minor dust, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 20 lbs.
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Regular Weekly Schedule
- Closed on Sundays/No Late Nights
- Incredible Employee Discount
- Service Awards
- Promote From Within
- Located In: Omaha, NE
- Zipcode: 68114
- Date Posted: April 8, 2016
- Department: Watch Services
- Job Type: Full-time Employee
- Shift: Custom
Tue: 9:30 am to 6 pm
Wed: 9:30 am to 4 pm
Thu: 9:30 am to 8 pm
Fri: 9:30 am to 6 pm
Sat: 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Start Date: Immediately
- Occupational Category: 51-2099.00 Assemblers and Fabricators, All Other
- Name: Jodi Longmeyer
- Phone: 402-391-0400