Posted April 20, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
The Watch Repair Associate completes basic watch repairs, cleaning, and battery changes on quartz, mechanical and automatic watches under Watchmaker’s instruction. Answers questions concerning job charges, job completion, pick-up dates, and job complexity.
Qualified Candidates should have:
- Keen hand eye ordination.
- Attention for detail.
- Borsheims is willing to provide appropriate training.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Receives merchandise from watchmaker assistant or sales associate for repair, adjustment, cleaning, etc.
- Communicates best option and repair price.
- Under the supervision of the Watchmaker, examines watches for restrictions in design limitations. Proceeds with basic repairs using techniques necessary to complete work.
- Performs miscellaneous basic and intermediate level repairs on quartz, mechanical, and automatic watches.
- Removes and replaces movements, batteries, etc. Performs ultrasonic cleaning, refinishes/polishes and repairs bracelets.
- Answers questions concerning job charges, job completion, pick-up dates, job complexity, etc.
- Assists in ordering parts and tools needed in order to complete customer requests.
- Sizes all types of karat, non-karat and platinum watch bands.
- Maintains appropriate workflow and on-time repair dates as promised to customers. Communicates with watchmaker assistant to ensure jobs are done by promised delivery date.
- Assists in evaluating and monitoring all repair equipment, machines, tools, replacement parts and stock. Works with watchmaker assistant to ensure parts are ordered and tracked.
- Follows proper procedures for maintaining, storing, and eliminating all chemical solutions associated with required work. Follows chemical and equipment safety procedures: MSDS, etc.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Ability to work assigned schedule on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to see well enough to read small print, identify merchandise, and read a computer screen and printout; with aid of minor magnification check quality of work on small parts or entire pieces of watch items.
- Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse with others in person, via telephone and paging system.
- Ability to move about the store from department to department, get behind narrow counter areas, and bend down or reach up into drawers/shelves.
- Dexterity to write in small print, hold on to and use watchmaker tools, handle small watch parts while repairing, bend over and pick up dropped materials, operate a computer keyboard, and operate office equipment.
- Stamina to sit for over eight hours and focus on small detailed work.
- Ability to work in a shop environment i.e. elevated noise, minor dust, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 20 lbs.
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Regular Weekly Schedule
- Closed on Sundays/No Late Nights
- Incredible Employee Discount
- Service Awards
- Promote From Within
- Located In: Omaha, NE
- Zipcode: 68114
- Date Posted: April 8, 2016
- Department: Watch Services
- Job Type: Full-time Employee
- Shift: Custom
Tue: 9:30 am to 6 pm
Wed: 9:30 am to 4 pm
Thu: 9:30 am to 8 pm
Fri: 9:30 am to 6 pm
Sat: 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Start Date: Immediately
- Occupational Category: 51-2099.00 Assemblers and Fabricators, All Other
- Name: Jodi Longmeyer
- Phone: 402-391-0400