This position is primarily responsible for setting, repairing, cleaning, and maintaining merchandise consistent with Company quality standards and service.
- Perform all requested and necessary work on jewelry to include, setting, sizing, repairing, welding, soldering, polishing, and cleaning consistent with Shane Co. standards of quality, service and timeliness.
- Ensure the quality of Company merchandise and make and provide accurate assessments of merchandise quality and condition.
- Maintain the shop and personal workspace in a clean, organized, presentable, and efficient manner as directed by the appropriate management personnel.
- Maintain, operate, service and clean as necessary all shop equipment and tools ensuring at all times safe operation and maintenance.
- Maintain and request as necessary all shop supplies, to include tools and findings, adhering to established shop budget.
- Constantly pursue personal and shop improvement and development by learning, sharing, and updating yourself on new and more effective and/or efficient jeweler skills, processes, and methods.
- If present, mentor and assist in the development of Apprentice Jewelers.
- Work professionally, efficiently, and courteously with all Store and Company staff, fostering teamwork and respect.
- Communicate issues or concerns through the appropriate chain of command.
Desired Skills and Experience :
- 1+ years bench jeweler experience
- Excellent organizational skills & detail oriented
- Customer service oriented
- Computer skills
- Hours include evenings and weekends
Do you have it in you to contribute today? Join our winning team today!
Industry : Retail
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Mid-Senior level
Job function : Supply Chain
Meet Shane Co.
In 1971, Tom Shane decided to start his own jewelry business. He incorporated his father’s and grandfather’s commitment to quality, value and customer service, in addition to offering customers a unique educational opportunity. His vision was to make sure that all of our customers had enough knowledge about their jewelry options to make truly informed purchasing decisions. Since those early days, the Shane Co. has grown tremendously. Yet as we grow, some elements of Shane Co. remain constant: We buy our diamonds and other gems first hand, directly from the cutters in Antwerp, Tel Aviv, Bangkok and Mumbai. In other words, you pay no middleman markup.
We provide a 60-day Refund & Exchange Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied – for any reason – we will refund your purchase price. With our knowledge, experience, guarantees and solid values, we are your absolute best resource for that important diamond purchase. Our advertising emphasizes the truth about our business and reflects our commitment to honesty. Our web site is an extension of the selection, service and professionalism customers experience in any of our stores. As a progressive, customer-driven company, we are dedicated to making jewelry buying even more comfortable, convenient and satisfying for our guests.