Join our team of passionate, creative and enthusiastic associate partners!
Are you totally into jewelry making? Are you excited about sharing ideas and your passion for jewelry with others? Do you enjoy finding solutions for people? If so, the Technical Sales and Support position in Rio is for you.
The Technical Sales and Support Team provides technical support to jewelers, and helps them with their jewelry making processes and procedures. We work closely with customers and take great pride in our excellent customer service.
What You’ll Do:
- Interface with customers in the sales and support of processes, products and equipment for the jewelry industry.
- Convert inquiries into sales by using in-depth experience to inform customers on what is needed to produce and improve on their products and processes.
- Participate in the development and improvement of technical information in all catalogs, online content, instruction manuals, videos, technical sheets and other publication and communication channels
- Develop, validate and improve processes for customers and their specific applications.
- Evaluate new products as required by Product Managers to ensure viability and quality of product.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales Teams to provide training for internal and external customers.
What You’ll Need:
- Advanced knowledge of applications for the jewelry industry including: casting, bench skills, finishing, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and solve technical jewelry equipment and processes.
- Experience in the support of selling products and equipment for the jewelry trade.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers at all levels.
The successful candidate will enjoy a challenging, rewarding and principled work environment. Our associates strive for joint-accountability – working together for the success of our stakeholders – and we provide a thoughtful, fun and creative environment to support them. We encourage professional and personal development through a variety of training opportunities, tuition reimbursement and a focus on promoting from within. Rio provides competitive compensation (including an opportunity to share in the profits), excellent benefits, generous time-off and a 401(k) match program.
And to add to your quality of life, New Mexico offers magnificent scenery, rich culture and art, excellent skiing and more than 320 days of sunshine a year! Relocation assistance may be available.
Established in 1944, Rio Grande, a Berkshire-Hathaway Company, is one of New Mexico’s most stable, yet fastest growing manufacturer/distributors, with thousands of valued customers around the world. We are a principle-based company with a highly-evolved, team-based environment. We can show you how a profoundly effective organization lives these values every day.
Within our 180,000 sq. ft., solar-powered facility, Rio Grande maintains sales, marketing, supply chain and administrative offices; a climate-controlled distribution center with more than 30,000 SKUs; and a comprehensive, well-equipped manufacturing operation. Manufactured products include jewelry-making equipment (from basic tools to highly sophisticated induction casting machines) and jewelry components – both die-struck and cast. Capabilities include CAD/CAM, casting, stamp and form, metal finishing, CNC machining, manual milling, sheet-metal and welding.