As a Tory Burch Product Developer Manager you are a critical cross functional leader, pivotal in building aesthetically and quality authentic product while achieving financial goals. Coordination of the product development process is performed by:
- Managing team and calendar deadlines to insure the line delivers on time for both market and production handoff.
- Managing team and cross functional relationships to ensure our product meets aesthetic, quality, and functional requirements.
- Managing the sourcing partner relationship to achieve divisional margin goals and key performance indicators.
- Reviews and oversees issuance of all specs (BOMs/tech packs) for accuracy, completeness, quality, affordability, and compliance prior to release.
- Recommends enhancements, construction and material options to elevate our brand, hitting financial requirements. Resolves designs that do not meet design, merchandising, production or financial needs.
- Coordinates with development and cross functional teams to manage spec turnover within calendar to insure timely prototyping, and finalization through to production.
- Manages the pass off of clean specs to manufacturing partners on behalf of design, communicating daily with overseas offices and direct suppliers on questions and changes to specs, standards, and aiding in interpreting design needs.
- Reviews all prototypes and market samples to insure faithful execution to spec.
- Buys, schedules, monitors, and reports on all necessary sample materials.
- Monitors, schedules, tracks, and reports on all requested prototypes.
- Oversees the maintenance of all standards for issued for brand consistency.
- Supervises, schedules and tracks all pre-production samples to insure exact execution of final design. Reviews and approves all production materials, addressing variances with suppliers, merchandising, design and production.
- Reviews and communicates style/material minimums, material costs, and lead times to cross functional teams in development. Negotiates advantageous terms for these items as well as finished goods costing based on shipping metrics and margin plans.
- Works closely with the design teams on seasonal offering needs to provide options in materials, suppliers, techniques, and costs that are on brand.
- With internal materials departments, and with direct sources, work to execute materials that are viable for our brand, trends, costing, and quality.
- Sources alternate manufacturers and material suppliers to provide options in materials, products, and techniques as needed while building a tight factory partner base.
- With production, HKO, and design input, awards business by allocating specs to factories that are advantageous to the brand for aesthetic, quality, execution, price, and delivery performance, avoiding overdependence on any resource.
- With overseas offices, production team, and, with design input, plans annual factory allocation to insure adequate capacity.
- With the team, participates in on-going factory base performance reviews, and recommends improvements to factories, vendor base, and geography.
- Aims to instill quality in the product from onset of development through final production.
- Reviews all components with an eye for quality and durability.
- Insures that all components and constructions used are compliant for performance and restricted substances prior to production. Works in tandem with quality, technical, and compliance to achieve these ends.
- Tests questionable materials and treatments in development cycle for durability and compliance to prevent a lapse in product flow in production.
- Reviews all products for customs compliance needs prior to production.
- Maintains accurate compliance records in the event of audit by applicable authorities.
- Builds, manages, and flexes calendar to insure timely turnover of development, return of prototypes, and market samples and placement of final production.
- Monitors calendar daily to promote flow of development; apprises and resolves calendar variances with team and management.
- Travels 3-4 times per year or as needed to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- With design, merchandising, and production, manages liability inventories via special cuts and/or liquidation.
- As needed works closely with design and production to resolve delivery and material issues affecting production.
- Works on other relevant projects as required by supervisor.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent life experience
- Minimum 2-4 years in fashion accessories product development, sourcing, and/or production
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong math and collaborative skills
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment.
Industry : Apparel & Fashion
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Director
Job function : Design,Product Management