Posted August 10, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
WHAT’S IN A NAME? EVERYTHING.
We don’t just sell cutting-edge fashion and accessories, we create it. Our talented fashion design team — the Nordstrom Product Group — develops, designs, produces and sources 50-plus private Nordstrom labels. From traditional to trendy, this team is shaping the styles and looks our customer love.
A day in the life…
The ideal product merchandiser is experienced, results-oriented and views the business through the lens of the customer.
- Implement merchandising plans to achieve performance goals for a specific merchandise category
- Define seasonal, annual and multi-year strategies that identify future opportunities and trends
- Support merchandising strategy for the division, including alignment of brand portfolio and product line
- Participate in developing private label strategy (initiate, grow and retire) for multiple categories and/or brands
- Ensure successful product line presentations
- Oversee day-to-day activities for product delivery
- Prepare accurate forecast of merchandise plan
- Deliver product performance results based on strategic goals and budget expectations
- Hire and supervise an efficient and effective team that meets the needs of each functional area
- Coach team through performance feedback, goal-setting and development plans
- Collaborate with Brand Manager, Designers and other groups and leaders to achieve brand expectations
You own this if you have…
- Minimum 7 years of retail buying, merchandising or planning experience
- Experience initiating, recommending and implementing merchandise strategies
- Strong understanding of and ability to apply market intelligence
- Understanding of retail and the service environment of Nordstrom
- Fluency in MS Windows and Office suite
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, a profit-sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
Industry : Information Technology and Services, Retail, and Apparel & Fashion
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Not Applicable
Job function : Marketing
Information Technology and Services · 10001+ employees · Founded 1901 · Public Company
At Nordstrom, we empower our employees to set their sights high and blaze their own trails. This is a place where your future success and growth are truly a result of your own efforts and achievements. Our teams are made up of motivated individuals who work hard to become leaders within the company, at all levels of the organization. These well-traveled paths are examples of how hard work, loyalty, competitive spirit and your unwavering commitment to the customer will take you and your career to new places.
Interested in joining the Nordstrom team?
See some of our current opportunities under Careers or click here: http://about.nordstrom.com/careers to apply today.