Kate Spade New York draws women into a world that’s culturally curious, intellectually playful, quick-witted and strong. our graceful, exuberant approach to the everyday is evident in all of our product: handbags and clothing, jewelry, shoes, stationery, eyewear, baby, fragrance, tabletop, bedding and gifts.
we have over 90 retail shops and 50 outlet stores across the united states; over 90 shops internationally, and our colorful products are sold in more than 400 doors worldwide in every time zone. whether in san francisco, sao paulo or shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting. we help women express their personal style with charm and a dash of rebellion – she lives her life colorfully.
welcome to the world of kate spade new york!
we have an exciting opportunity to join our design team. this role will conceptualize, create, and develop designs for kate spade new york’s jewelry collection.
- Concept the design evolution of our jewelry collection
- Responsible for upholding design integrity, quality execution and creativity throughout the entire creative and
- Production process
- In partnership with channel leaders, grow the jewelry offering to our customer
- Be an expert on raw materials to re-imagine construction and design
- Work closely with internal partners to ensure successful commercialization of product and cohesive cross
- Strategy story telling
- College degree in fashion design or a related field preferred
- Experience designing jewelry required
- Ability to hand-sketch as well as render sketches digitally is essential
- Strong computer skills in illustrator and photoshop
- Knowledge of raw materials and construction techniques
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Education and experience required:
- Bachelors degree
- 5 years of experience in an accessories design function
- Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Industry : Apparel & Fashion, Retail, and Wholesale
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Not Applicable
Job function : Design,Art/Creative
Meet Kate Spade & Company
Apparel & Fashion · 5001-10000 employees · Public Company
It started with an idea and a small handful of passionate believers. We’ve grown a bit since our early days, but our playful dream-big, anything-is-possible mentality has stayed the same. Today, Kate Spade & Company designs and markets accessories and apparel principally under two global, multichannel lifestyle brands: kate spade new york and Jack Spade.
We also operate the Adelington Design Group, a private brand jewelry design and development division.
Our collections span demographics, genders and geographies but our core is consistent and pure. We design to accent our customer’s interesting life and aim to inspire adventure at each new turn.
Welcome to the world of Kate Spade & Company.