Posted May 6, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
Provide comprehensive project leadership involving one or more specific critical engineering processes, manage the teams’ daily business activities with a focus on product development. Collaborate with internal DY partners and vendors. Provide & maintain design integrity, targeting the successful development of new products with primary focus on product engineering, manufacturability, cost and quality. Supervise team’s vendor communication throughout the new product development process. Critical cross-functional partner to the Design and Technical teams. Responsible for driving the product development process from initial design concept through commercialization to final delivery.
- Provide multifaceted project leadership for new product development efforts focusing on engineering, manufacturing, cost, and design aesthetic needs.
- Directly collaborate in a creative manner with the DYE Design Director, CEO and the Design Team providing insight in terms of jewelry manufacturability, new product pricing and related analytics, material exploration, innovation.
- In collaboration with Design team, Component team, and vendors, develop and hold teams accountable towards Design Calendar Milestones.
- Maintain cross-functional communications by acting as liaison between Design, the Shop, CAD, Component
- Teams and Finished Good Vendors for every style manufactured to support on-time product delivery.
- Manage team’s contact with external vendors during development collaboration.
- Lead New Product Show Sample execution leveraging the DY organization and local manufacturers as needed to provide the successful delivery of show samples and accurate pricing.
- Manage maintenance of all product specific documentation as needed including engineering reference documents (mechanicals) and supplemental documents; Maintain systems as required including project management software
- Provide Project Management regarding specified projects with measurable deliverables.
- Recognize, manage, cultivate, mentor, and develop talent. Transfer personal knowledge to develop and train team.
- Support additional Manufacturing and Engineering-related initiatives as needed.
- 5 – 7+ years equivalent related experience in jewelry development and manufacturing.
- Demonstrated experience in New Product Development and Project Management.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team’s daily activities including direct staff supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex engineering problems and present solutions.
- Proven ability to partner successfully across organization from Executive to Staff levels.
- Knowledge of modern jewelry manufacturing techniques, precious metal metallurgy and/or investment casting.
- Knowledge of jewelry costing structures.
- Demonstrated experience with Asian vendor base, in project management and product development.
- Strong communication (English written and verbal) skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work within a minimal supervision, fast-paced environment
- Proficient Microsoft Office computer skills (specifically Word, Excel and Access)
- Practical CAD knowledge a plus, specifically Rhino software
4 year degree (BS or BA) and 5 – 7+ years equivalent related experience in jewelry development and manufacturing
Industry : Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Mid-Senior level
Job function : Production,Other
Meet David Yurman
Luxury Goods & Jewelry · 1001-5000 employees · Founded 1979 · Privately Held
About David Yurman
David Yurman was founded in New York in 1980, and quickly became known as America’s leading fine jewelry and luxury timepiece brand for men, women, and children. Its signature gold and silver designs; diamond, pearl, and gemstone jewelry; and Swiss-crafted timepieces are renowned for capturing the essence of relaxed American luxury. David Yurman collections are available at 39 retail locations throughout the United States, France, China and at over 362 locations worldwide, through their exclusive authorized fine jewelry and timepiece network of retailers.