Posted August 9, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has over 168 retail shops and outlet stores across the United States and more than 87 shops internationally. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
General purpose of the position:
The Vice President, Merchandising will be responsible for long-term global product strategy and successful execution of the Ready to Wear and Jewelry business. This role will identify new commercial opportunities within the kate spade new york brand and build upon our successful heritage business. This role will ensure a succinct brand message across categories in partnership with leadership team.
- Lead the long term strategic planning for the kate spade new york ready-to-wear and jewelry lines
- Ownership of global line architecture strategy and management
- Develop profitable merchandising business plans that focus on the brand strategy while meeting the needs of the customer
- Develop brand initiatives that feed seasonal customer demand and untapped commercial opportunity across multiple geographies.
- Analyze global sales, feedback and historical data to inform product decisions
- Lead development milestone meetings, including design reviews, line pricing, line architecture and category presentations
- Establish pricing strategy across all areas of responsibility
- Ensure that brand intention comes to life successfully in partnership with Product Development and Design
- Mentor and lead a team of seasoned merchants play a key role in creating future leaders of the organization
Qualifications and experience:
- 15+ years of progressive merchandising leadership experience
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, strong cross functional collaboration skills required
- Ability to translate creative vision into commercial opportunities
- Experience leading a ready-to-wear merchandising team
- An understanding of global market and the ability to grasp the cultural and commercial nuances
- A strategic leader with the ability to conceive and create innovative thinking and ideas.
- Ability to interact with multiple departments and with employees at all levels
- Strategic planning and competitive analysis abilities
- Excellent leader of people with a successful track record attracting and developing talent at all levels and influencing cross functional partners
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Industry : Apparel & Fashion
Employment type : Full-time
Experience : Mid-Senior level
Job function : Management
The Ultimate Matchmakers of Top Talent with Great Companies
The Ultimate Career Matchmaking Destination focused on Fashion, Entertainment, Media, Sports, Finance & Investment Industries