Posted August 9, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
Now is an exciting time to join Honeywell Aerospace’s Electronic Operations group!
Are you a watchmaker? This is the career opportunity you are looking for! Although you will not be working on watches, the skills you possess will help keep America safe.
This position is for the Sensors and Special Instruments organization and is responsible for performing standard work assigned to meet production requirements, flexing to different jobs to meet customer needs as the Business requires. Additionally, a technician is responsible for monitoring, assisting, and improving all aspects of Safety, Quality, Productivity, Inventory and Delivery in the work cells.
- Relocation Assistance Available.
- The selected candidate will work in a Clean Room environment and must be able to work overtime, including weekends.
- Creates precision accelerometers for guidance and navigation.
- Conducts in-process inspections, calibration, and test of hydro-mechanical fuel controls.
- Complies with all prescribed Health, Safety and Environmental rules and regulations.
- Detects and reports faulty operation, defective tools and materials.
- Initiates action to prevent/correct product/process non-conformity.
- Maintains all required documentation and records accurately and in a timely manner, as well as, work areas and tools according to Visual Management and 5S Standards.
- Participates in daily Tier meetings, as well as, continuous improvement and rapid problem solving.
- You may be asked to perform other duties not indicated above.
You must have:
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements
- Watchmaker certification from an accredited watchmaker program; In lieu of a watchmaker certification, we will consider 5+ years of watchmaking experience or an Associate’s Degree in watchmaking.
- Associate’s degree
- Experience using precision measuring devices (i.e., such as micrometers, dial indicators, dial calipers and depth micrometers)
- Excellent manual dexterity and visual acuity is key.
- Ability to work with hand tools of different types.
- Basic computer skills with ability to navigate internet and MS office.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Able to work and communicate well with others.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced aerospace production environment.
- Able to work in a team environment and solve issues at the lowest level.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Job: Integrated Supply Chain
Primary Location: USA-FL-Clearwater
Education Level: Technical Diploma
Relocation Available: Yes
University Relations Requisition: No