Posted August 8, 2016 by Mark Esslinger
The field of jewelry offers endless opportunities for exploration and creation, where designers can use new technologies and materials to create aesthetically striking and wearable objects that delight and surprise. SCAD has the largest jewelry program in the U.S., with a 13,562-square-foot facility boasting cutting-edge technology. Join SCAD as a full-time professor of jewelry in Savannah, Georgia, and support this unparalleled program.
This is your chance to work with talented students within the historic district of Savannah, Georgia, a walkable, bikeable coastal city that provides a living laboratory for the study of art and design.
- Terminal degree or its equivalent in jewelry or a related field
- College-level teaching experience required
- Strong knowledge of historical/contemporary art, craft, design and current issues in the field
- Extensive knowledge in teaching a range of advanced jewelry and metalworking skills, experimental and extended materials, and processes in application of jewelry and object making
- Expert knowledge and working ability in CAD / CAM
- Excellent skills in traditional hand rendering as well as industry-level quick sketching skills
- Professional-level skills in computer rendering including V-Ray, Keyshot, Illustrator and SketchBook Pro
- Certification in teaching Rhinoceros and Matrix preferred
- Contacts in the jewelry industry preferred