Summary of Responsibilities:
To diagnose and service watches with the highest quality and customer service standards.
Reports to: Service Manager and Vice President of Service
1. Evaluate watches to determine service and parts required
2. Perform service on watches including finishing as required
3. Complete services on time to the highest quality standards
4. Answer questions from Sales Associates and Clients
5. Have rapport with Service personnel
6. Keep watch room and equipment clean and organized
1. Ability to:
a. Perform all aspects of service on automatic and mechanical watches, including battery replacement, battery and water seals, overhauls, movement changes, replacement of crystals, crowns, etc. on all or most brands of watches
b. Maintain a clean and organized office
c. Diagnose and correct problems for various brands of watches
d. Complete tasks on time with the highest quality standards
e. Operate and maintain all watch equipment
f. Perform water resistance methods and testing techniques
2. Understanding of various chronograph types including their assembly and disassembly
3. Friendly and personable
1. Be CW21-, SAWTA- or WOSTEP-certified
2. Be brand-certified, and have knowledge of a wide variety of watch brands
3. Able to perform complex interventions such as complete services for quartz, mechanical and chronograph movements
4. Willingness to further education through training
5. Complete training with a passing grade
6. Possess tact and patience with sales staff, customers, and service staff and management
7. Ability to provide outstanding customer service
8. Exceptional attention to detail
10. Team player
11. Work independently
12. Have pride in work
13. Trustworthy, honest, reliable, and good sense of humor
14. Neat appearance
1. High school diploma or equivalent. We prefer CW21-, SAWTA- or WOSTEP-certified, but will consider long-term, broad experience and related coursework. Rolex-certified a plus.
In 1948, Royal Jewelers opened its doors as a specialty, family-run jewelry store. Over seventy years later, Royal continues to operate as an independent retail jewelry store, offering the best designer jewelry and Swiss timepieces in New England. What makes Royal so different? It’s the warm, personal touch of our knowledgeable staff and the distinctive offering of the country’s most prestigious jewelry designers and Swiss watches that make Royal sparkle.
We assist customers purchase the world’s prettiest jewelry and finest Swiss watches with friendly service at a great price. Our founder often said, “Our customers are more valuable than the jewelry we sell.”
Royal Jewelers does not discriminate in employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Visit our website at www.RoyalJewelers.com for more information about our company and its unique culture.
Job Type: Full-time
•Flexible spending account
•Paid time off
•8 hour shift
We provide appropriate personal protective equipment and other safety precautions like hand sanitizer, room barriers, counter shields, and cleaner that disinfects surfaces for days at a time.
•watchmaking: 2 years (Preferred)
•High school or equivalent (Required)
•Are you CW21-, SAWTA- or WOSTEP-certified, Rolex-certified, or other brand certified?