Watch Repair Administrator
Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
WatchBox is a global leader in the luxury watch market and is transforming a multibillion-dollar luxury watch industry. We have a deep understanding of the watch industry spanning decades and are now focused on building new technologies to connect watch enthusiasts from around the world.
As a multi-faceted luxury watch retailer and e-platform; Govberg/WatchBox Jewelers is looking for a motivated, curious, and adaptable Watch Repair Administrator to join our growing company to support the buying, selling, and trading of luxury watches worldwide.
Watch Repair Administrators are a vital part of our ability to grow and expand our evolving business. This position puts you in direct communication with our in-house repair department, outsourced repair departments, and our internal teams here in the U.S. and across the globe. You will guide the watches to their appropriate repair destination and uphold a high standard of repair/service for all watches. As well the Watch Repair Administrator evaluates and expedites repairs effectively to increase profit, preserve value in vintage watches, ensuring a leaner manufacturing process, quicker turnaround times, and communicate effectively with the traders.
This position is perfect for those who are eager to gain hands-on horological experience at a world-renowned company.
- Evaluate, inspect, and expedite watch shipments to repair facilities.
- Choose effective outsource location for each watch repair.
- Create work orders that can be understood globally using proper terminology to convey work needed in a timely fashion.
- Communicate with brand factories, third party service centers, and discuss repairs and timelines.
- Communicate with traders and explain timelines, repairs that are necessary
- Create shipping labels, evaluate for insurance, and prepare labels for international shipping as well as domestic shipping, import/export.
- Input invoices from factories, approve work estimates, correct invoices entered, bill invoices for inventory so they can adjust cost of repairs, accept incoming transfers from other depts as well as global offices and return, transfer watches to that are sold.
- Quality control/ inspection of watches coming back from manufacturer or third party after repair/ refurbishment.
- Test all functions including perpetual calendar, annual calendar, chronograph, split seconds, quartz, quick set, gmt, date change, day change, non-quick set, regatta time, command bezels, and more to factory specifications.
Skills, Knowledge, & Personal Attribute Requirements:
- Extensive watch knowledge including in-depth understanding of brands, model and movements.
- Knowledge of the watch industry
- Knowledge of the jewelry industry including thorough understanding of metals.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and effectively communicate.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, as well as multiple proprietary programs,
- Strong math skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to self-prioritize workload
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to both focus and multi-task when needed – the demands of this job change daily based on volume
- Ability to communicate efficiently and clearly with clients and coworkers
- Able to use magnifying tools (handheld or watchmaker loupe) to visually inspect watches to evaluate performance, and identify aesthetic flaws
- Excellent motor skills, hand/eye coordination, and vision
Benefits offered include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, and Supplemental Insurance. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We are an industry-leading, technology-driven luxury watch business. We have a large and growing Certified Pre-Owned watch business that is changing our industry and growing to take on a global scale. We offer a fast-paced, high-growth atmosphere for our associates in our sophisticated new headquarters. We are a work hard, play hard atmosphere with lots of opportunities for fun as well as professional, personal, and cultural development. WatchBox has been named a 2022 Top Place to Work by the Philadelphia Inquirer. Marketing materials won’t be available for a few months, but this is a great testament to everything you and your teams are doing to create a great working environment at WatchBox! This award is 100% based on employee surveys and this year’s results are even better than last year.
Govberg/WatchBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Leave A Comment