Watchmaker or watch repair person wanted for family-owned jewelry store in Berkeley, California. We are looking for reliable candidates who are proficient and have working knowledge of everyday watch repair work.
We are looking to fill a part-time, hourly position, and compensation will be based on experience. We also offer paid vacation and holidays, and great hours (closed Sunday & Monday).
Watchmaker / Watch Repair Required Qualifications :
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Proficiency in quartz watch repair, including battery replacement, movement
- replacement/repair, and crystal replacement
- Ability to do band adjustments and replacements, as well as case and band cleaning
- Basic mechanical movement regulation and adjustment knowledge is a plus
- Excellent hand-eye coordination for inspecting small components and parts
- Excellent organizational skills & detail-oriented
- Customer service oriented
Oaks Jewelers has been family-owned and operated since 1948. We are a small local business, and are located near the Berkeley/Albany border (just minutes from San Francisco), on an avenue filled with boutiques, small businesses, and great restaurants. We specialize in selling fine jewelry and watches, and do an extensive amount of jewelry and watch repair. Our store has an old school, “Mom and Pop” charm to it, although we are looking to update and advance our efficiency.
We have an excellent reputation in our community, and it’s very important for us to preserve it. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced watchmaker, who is looking to grow with our business. S/he must be extremely customer service oriented, and have an eye for detail. S/he will have a strong work ethic, must be trustworthy, and will always strive to improve.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume and cover letter . Please DO NOT CALL regarding this position. Please include a clear description of your experiences and specific competencies. We will evaluate your skills to see if they fit our needs, so be as specific and clear as possible. Please also include a minimum of 5 professional and personal references .
Job Type: Part-time
- watch repair: 5 years