Posted June 30, 2017 by Esslinger Staff
This position will report to the Manager of Fine Jewelry and Watches. Key areas of responsibility include assisting in the development and implementation of training and pricing standards, evaluation of high value, high complexity pieces and quality control of authenticated product. The Horologist should have a passion for watches, a very detail oriented focus, an understanding of past, present, and future demand trends, and be dedicated to enhancing the learning environment of team members.
- Assist in managing pricing systems, ensuring consistent and accurate pricing is applied for all watches by maintaining a strong understanding of global pricing trends and sell-through velocity of watches in our marketplace.
- Work with SF Watchmaker to control product Authenticity and efficiency in the dissemination of technical knowledge.
- Ensure product descriptions are accurate, eloquent and communicate the item in the proper manner.
- Lead in efforts to create and implement training initiatives to educate all employees interacting with watch related inquiries or operations
- Assist in build out of product archives and develop resources for watch authentication, pricing strategy, and product knowledge.
- Authenticate high value or complex watches as assigned by Manager and Associate Manager on OPS team.
- Work with copy editors in reviewing and improving Watch copy standards.
- Act as a mentor to Jr. Specialists on the Fine Jewelry and Watch team, provide feedback and guidance on evaluation techniques.
- Advise Consignor Relations and Customer Service teams in providing authentication support and pricing recommendations
Required Core Competencies:
- Technical writing skills
- Effective communicator (both verbal and written)
- Comfortable teaching and providing constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Thrives in a collaborative environment but is also comfortable being delegated specific tasks and projects
- Demonstrates the skill and willingness to take initiative and to pro-actively anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
- 2-5 years experience working in watch authenticity and pricing evaluation
- Sales or research related experience