- Complete Services: quartz and mechanical movements (automatic, chronograph and other complications)
- Maintenance Services: battery changes, diagnosis, quick services, full services.
- Inspections: evaluating watches and estimating work needed
- Polishing and refinishing as needed
- Update our computer systems with notes as needed
- Check on the status and estimated completion dates of watches in repair
- Update staff with desired requests
Skills, Knowledge, & Qualification Requirements:
- Watchmaker Certification: WOSTEP, CW21, SAWTA or OWME preffered
- 2+ years of experience in the service and repair of luxury new and pre-owned timepieces.
- Must have the skills necessary to service all types of watches from basic mechanical and quartz movements to complications.
- Ideal candidate will be a dedicated team player; motivated, tenacious, and resourceful.
- Proactive, energetic attitude, desire to work in a results-oriented + deadline-driven environment.
- Desire and ability to multi-task, including working on several brands throughout the day, week, and month in a fast-paced and exciting environment. Proficiency with typing and computer literacy
- Able to use magnifying tools (handheld or watchmaker loupe) to visually inspect watches to evaluate performance, and identify aesthetic flaws
- Excellent motor skills, hand/eye coordination, and vision
- Ability to remain seated for an extended period of time
- Ability to self-prioritize workload
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to both focus and multi-task when needed – the demands of this job change daily based on volume
- Ability to communicate efficiently and clearly with clients and coworkers
- Team-oriented work ethic
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- watchmaking: 2 years (Preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Columbia, SC 29209 (Required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Columbia, SC 29209: Relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: In person