- Our watchmakers are responsible for providing high quality work on prestigious timepieces, such as but not limited to Breitling, Omega, Rolex, Cartier, Baume Mercier and IWC. The successful candidate will be expected to service both quartz and mechanical movements to manufacturer specifications.
- Diagnose and service timepieces in line with the brand specific guidelines
- Expected to generate a min of two complete services per day
- Test timepieces for accuracy and performance
- Visually checking all components for damage
- Movement adjustments
- Bracelet adjustments
- Day to Day operations include but not limited to:
- Describe condition of the piece to be evaluated.
- Identify root cause of problems in accordance with the client request(s).
- Select the adequate service in accordance with the Brands policy while:
- Meeting the client request.
- Proposing a solution to solve the issue.
- Identify the spare parts needed to repair the evaluated piece.
- Dismantle the timepieces
- Remove the strap or the bracelet.
- Separate movement/dial/hands from the case components.
- Dismantle the watches case components.
- Case Preparation
- Install and assemble the watches case components in preparation of the encasing of the movement.
- Check and ensure waterproofness of the case.
- Movement Repair
- Use or develop adequate tools or processes to correct issues that can arise during the repair process.
- When necessary, resolve issues related to spare parts by fixing existing components of the piece
- Casing/Polishing/Quality Control
- Has the ability to polish and refinish to the vendor’s specifications
- Install the dial and the hands prior to encase the movement and close the watch.
- Perform a first Quality Control to ensure that the piece is in working order.
- Quality Control
- Maintenance and Organization of the Workshop
- Maintain Tools and Equipment:
- Ensure that all equipment used are calibrated and maintained at a high standard.
- Proper layout and accessibility of all tools and equipment.
- Maintain a cleaned, organized, and safe working area.
Knowledge and Skills required
- Be able to work confidently and accurately
- Be highly organized and capable of managing your own workload
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to work under pressure achieving a high level of accuracy
- One year of Technical School Training (minimum) or professional experience of 2-4 years
- Experience in the diagnosis of both quartz and mechanical timepieces
- Basic verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to repair and refinish cases and bracelets a plus
- Experience in escapement and hairspring adjustments.
- Highly flexible and team oriented, with superior work ethic.
- Good organization skills and attention to detail required.
- Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Ability to remain in a seated position for an extended period required.
High School diploma required, some College Preferred
Watchmaker with SAWTA, WOSTEP, or CW21 or similar certification
Experience working in high-end luxury timepieces 3-5 years, preferred
- Hairspring Adjustments
- Theoretical Knowledge
Working Conditions and Environment:
Our department is open from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. This is a Tuesday – Saturday opportunity working a 40-hour workweek, must be able to work overtime when needed.